10/8 Ammonia 1.0

11/8 Ammonia 0.5

12/8 Ammonia 0 Then We Added 5ml Ammonia After Zero Result

24hr later

13-/8 Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 1.0
Nitrate 5.0

Are these any good or am I going in the correct direction

Yeah definatly have the right bacteria growing in there otherwise you wouldn't be decreasing in Ammonia & Nitrite levels.
When you get to 0ppm for Ammonia and Nitrite and <40ppm for Nitrate you should be ready to go.

TO DAYS TEST RESULTS

Ammonia = 0

Nitrite = 0.25

Nitrate = 5.0

+ 5.5ml of Ammonia added --

ONLY ISSUE IS THAT I HAVENT GOT ANY GREEN / BROWN ALGAE - HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING

Don't worry about not having any algae at all. Your nitrate is quite low and depending on where you live, your phosphate could also be quite low (these would explain why algae growth is low).
I would test again Saturday or Sunday morning and if Nitrite is down to 0, then get yourself off the buy your first fish. :thumbs:
What are your stocking plans?

Lets give it a little time Timmy. This cycle is less than a week old. I would want to see some consistency before jumping in to stock the tank.

I see! I didn't know it was only a week old! It doesn't say!! Even so, in my experience, work of the results you have, which clearly show that bacteria is growing in the filter. I'm not saying fully stock it just yet... maybe just 3 smaller fish.

Thanks Guys

15-08 @ 9.37 am TEST RESULTS

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite = 0.25

Nitrate = 5.0

+ 4ml Ammonia added --

You are still making nice progress Swampey. Any time you can get to near zero on both readings in 24 hours from an ammonia dose, you are headed in the right direction. Eventually you will get to the point that you can clear ammonia and nitrite in 12 hours and be ready for a proving period before near full stocking.

16th AUGUST 2009 TEST RESULTS

Ammonia - 0.25

Nitrite = 0

Nitrate = 0

17TH AUGUST 2009 TEST RESULTS

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite = 0

Nitrate = 0

That doesn't look good - have you got plants in there? You should be expecting to see the Nitrate shooting sky high - are you shaking the bottle for long enough?

You need to be testing twice a day as well - you should also be expecting a Nitrite Spike which I haven't seen there yet.

Most reactions

Back