Fish123Fish's Juwel Rio 125 Marine Reef

I'll do a google on the urchin :) sounds like a nice addition.

The only crabs I've found that are reef safe/sorta reef safe are: Porcalain Crab, Emerald Crab, Decrator crab, Sally Lightfoot crab and a variety of hermits.

Edit: Oh and just did my water change- 20%
The stats before it were:
Ammonia - 0
Nirite - 0
Nitrate - <5
pH - 8
SG - 1.024/5
Temp - 78f

I have been doing some research on what hitchhikers I have and here are some of the definate:

5+ Asterina Starfish
2+ Banded Micro-Brittlestars
7+ Feather Duster worms
?+ Q-tip sponges
?+ Phylum Porifera- Sponges

Various Algae (macro and micro)

I just did this out of curoisity :) More seem to be appearing every day!

Off to get my CUC tomorrow! I will have to change my options with the availability in Maidenhead aquatics :)

Started my CUC :D I got:

3x scarlet reef hermit crabs, 1 with a lovely shell :lol:
4x Turbo snails
3x Trochus snails
1x Emerald crab (sorry guys I couldn't resist it was £1!!!)

Next week I am going to get:

Pair of cleaner shrimp
2x Peppermint shrimp
1x Fighting Conch

I saw a really cool sea hare. Any chance of this in my tank?

Good crew :good:

A sea hare requires an awful lot of algae which you will not have, he will starve to death and there is a possibility of it nuking your tank if you dont notice he has died :crazy: there is also a second problem, if you cant identify which sea hare it is it could grow to over three foot in length!!

So :p no, you cant have one :lol:

Seffie x

Thanks seffie :D

Just got in from work and I can't see my emerald crab anywhere :( do they often hide like this, mine was only 1/2" he is a tiny one :)

Also one of my tubos hasen't moved from its place from where I put him.
I was advised to hold the snails up against the glass so they could get a grip instead of letting them plumit into the sand where there badly designed shells would anchor them in.

The Scarlet Reef Hermits are settling in well :) 1 is right at the top of the rock work and the others are sifting the sand :)

Emeralds when small can be hard to spot, dont worry :good: Pick the snail up and waft it under your nose - you will know if its dead :sick:

Seffie x

Don't worry I have found him now :) managed to lure him out with some prawn :)

Will do, I think it is definatly dead now. Shall I leave it for the hermits or take it out?

Also my mushrooms have seemed to have shrunk down. I had a lot of surface crap. It had made a film over the water and when I turned the powerhead upwards it crated green bubbles. Nothing else seems to be affected at the moment though. :/

Oh okay :) would the water be able to keep any shrimp without the protein skimmer hopefully ordering a deltec mce 300 :) I heard they are good :)

Yes indeed, just keep up your weekly water changes :good:

Keep your eye out for a secondhand deltec 300, there are bargains to be had :good:

Seffie x

I couldn't find a second hand deletec mce 300 so I had to get one new :) I m at Reading Festival this weekend so I will be installing it the following week :)

Lost my emerald crab, just out of the blue :(

Most reactions

Back