Fish

thrankall

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am soon getting a 100 gal and it will be a FOWLR setup. These are the fish I plan to keep:1 koran or emperor angelfish, 1 auriga butterfly fish, 1 foxface rabbitfish, 1 lunare wrasse, 1 blue hippo tang, and 4 swallowtail anthias. Will this work?

I believe so you just need to kep an eye out for the butterfy because they can get "stressed" easily

What you nee is a Trigger! You souhld get a Huma Huma or an Asassai Trigger

I believe so you just need to kep an eye out for the butterfy because they can get "stressed" easily

I actually already looked at humu humu triggers and niger triggers. Is $20 a good price for a 4inch humu? Also wouldnt the trigger be the only fish in the tank due to aggression? And if not what else could be kept with it?

I actually already looked at humu humu triggers and niger triggers. Is $20 a good price for a 4inch humu? Also wouldnt the trigger be the only fish in the tank due to aggression? And if not what else could be kept with it?

the huma huma triger is the least aggesive trigger, so iyour going to get a trigger then that would be one of the ones t get. as far as other fish, the huma humas wont bother or try and eat anything that is the same size of bigger then them. they might pick on a bit but, not kill.

the huma huma triger is the least aggesive trigger, so iyour going to get a trigger then that would be one of the ones t get. as far as other fish, the huma humas wont bother or try and eat anything that is the same size of bigger then them. they might pick on a bit but, not kill.
[/quote]

not to sure about that , i would say that if you want an nice happy and out going trigger to go for a Niger triger or a blue throte. these are both great fish and will do very well with most fish. they will not go out of there way to kill anything, most of the time they crap them selves at the sight of there own reflextion LOL.
hope that helps bit :good:

rob

blue throte, such a sexy fish :wub:

DSC01429Small.jpg

and niger trigger

kcochranniger_400.JPG

robbhp= Peach is correct I have one and after doing "months" of studies on them, I did find out they are the most mellow. They are also one of the smaller species of Triggerfish. The blue throutes are well tempered as well but tend to be a little lease personable and dont have much of a personality. But their still a beautiful addition to any good sized tank. :good:

I think this combo would be fine in a 100 gal. I would strongly recomend you adding this Anthias early on because in my experience they take a bit to get acclimated and can be finiky eaters. As anthias are schooling fish and I you have a good size tank I would bump your number of swallow-tails abit to keep a nice healthy school. LORD knows a strong male can't have enough females in his harem. Glad to see an Anthias on your stocking list :)

ALSO I have to side with Rob on this one the Bluethorat and the Niger (IMO + IME) are the most soicable and peaceful Triggers. Though I feel this debate can go on forever I think we will all agree on Triggers are wonderful addition to FOWLER tanks. A side note I have had my bluethroat and my niger in my reef tanks for several years before I moved across country and 1 they were ideal citizens and 2 they both had wonderful personalities.

I think this combo would be fine in a 100 gal. I would strongly recomend you adding this Anthias early on because in my experience they take a bit to get acclimated and can be finiky eaters. As anthias are schooling fish and I you have a good size tank I would bump your number of swallow-tails abit to keep a nice healthy school. LORD knows a strong male can't have enough females in his harem. Glad to see an Anthias on your stocking list :)

ALSO I have to side with Rob on this one the Bluethorat and the Niger (IMO + IME) are the most soicable and peaceful Triggers. Though I feel this debate can go on forever I think we will all agree on Triggers are wonderful addition to FOWLER tanks. A side note I have had my bluethroat and my niger in my reef tanks for several years before I moved across country and 1 they were ideal citizens and 2 they both had wonderful personalities.

oh ok thanks :good:

Most reactions

Back