Fish To Breed

black molly3

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i want to breed a fish. not a livebearer and not a kribensis as they are already breeding. what is a fish what is rewarding if you breed it but not too hard.
thanks

You have to look at what you can sell or give away. You will be stuck wait a lot of small fish if there is a local breeder who has that species covered in your area. Ask smaller shops what they could use, and go from there.

Once you have a species list, look at what you can afford as far as tank space and other hardware. This will narrow it down, you can then decide which are more difficult, easy, or catch your eye.

You have to look at what you can sell or give away. You will be stuck wait a lot of small fish if there is a local breeder who has that species covered in your area. Ask smaller shops what they could use, and go from there.

Once you have a species list, look at what you can afford as far as tank space and other hardware. This will narrow it down, you can then decide which are more difficult, easy, or catch your eye.

How do i find this all out? Do i have to ring the fish shop to ask them about breeders?

i just asked my lfs what fish they would be interested in having fry of if i could breed them and they said they will have dwarf or honey gourami's when they reach size of a 2p and also they are always wanting german blue rams and corys

just ask them a lot of shops like to get them from home grown stock and will either give you food / plants or filter media etc as an exchange or a credit note

Rosey Reds and Cichlids are fairly easy to breed. You will need a large tank if you do rosey reds as they can produce anywhere from 200-700 eggs per batch and will hatch within
4-8 days.

-FHM

I think you've just aquired some Killifish BM

you can try cherry barbs or if you want to get a little creative with you tank mystery snails breed easily.

Most reactions

Back