Fish Population - 32 Uk Litre

Viral Effect

Reaction score
I have a 32 UK Litre tank which is filtered with filter Aqua 1 pro External filter. I currently keep 4 Serpae Tetras which are all happy in the tank. I used to keep a couple of Catfish Bronze and Albino Corys but they passed away some time ago. The tank seems to be stable apart from the occasional Algae trouble although i feel that keeping the tank temperature stable isnt always straight foward due to the nature of my circumstances.

Does anyone here have any suggestions to what type of fish would complement the Serpae Tetras or is my tank close to fully stocked as it is?

Surely an external filter would give quite a strong current in such a small tank? I have just read that the Aqua1 pro gives out 600L pers hour?

Also i would say that in normal circumstances you would be looking at keeping around 8 inches worth of fully grown fish in your aquarium. However with good maintenance you may be able to exceed this slightly.

4 serpae tetras = approx 6 inches

It would depend on how strong a current you have in the tank as to what tankmates you could add,

african dwarf frogs, or smaller shrimp would be a cool addition that wouldn't really effect your stocking

There are a few more ideas for small tanks listed here
fish suitable for small tanks

Add 2 more serpaes and throw in an apple snail. I have a 32 litre with 6 head and tail lights and an apple snail and it is a great little tank.

Surely an external filter would give quite a strong current in such a small tank? I have just read that the Aqua1 pro gives out 600L pers hour?

Yes that would be strong but the filter has 2 valves which you may adjust to lower the filtration rate.

I may add 2 more Serpaes as they are strong and lively fish. I was hoping someone would advise me of 2 more fish of similar size that would be happy with the Serpae Tetras.

Serpaes can be a bit troublesome in that they are nippy towards other fish so you have to be careful with tankmates. You can't add another tetra because they like to be in groups (as I'm sure you know) but at the same time, you need a small fish so this limits your choices. Take a look at the pinned thread in the beginner section called Reccomendations for a 10 Gallon: <a href="http://www.fishforums.net/content/New-to-t...or-A-10-Gallon/" target="_blank">http://www.fishforums.net/content/New-to-t...or-A-10-Gallon/</a> but keep in mind your tank is smaller than a ten gallon. You could try 1 honey gourami or 2 sparkling gouramis but they might be harrased by the serpaes so keep this in mind.

Most reactions

Back