Fish Only!?

Well, minuscule amounts of copper can play havoc in a marine tank with inverts, where as most FW inverts will tolerate trace levels of copper reasonably well :nod:

Most LFS's out my way charge 50p a gallon for fresh RO or £1 a gallon for pre-salted. You are better getting fresh RO and salting your own when you get to adding corals, but the salt RO option is good for water changes and the initial fill while you have just fish and mobile inverts. You need the fresh RO for topping up also :nod:

I'm not aware of addatives for copper that actually work for it's removal :sad: There may be some, but getting them may be tricky. Of course, copper isn't the only toxin you use RO to remove, other things may be lurking in the water...

All the best
Rabbut

what lfs shops are out your way are they big chains or local stores i live in s####horpe weve only really got a pets at home! lol i best get ringing round to see how much it is. if it is 50p a gallon then for my 22gal tank it wont be too bad at all!

it would be £22 for your 22g (well, a few quid less after displacement, as Salt RO is £1 a gallon, it's fresh that is 50p a gallon)...

All the shops round my way that sell RO are locals. The Marine branches of Pets At Home should have RO too though :good:

only fillin it will cost top ups wont be too bad at all been to my pets at home service is terrible hate that shop an they didnt even sell it. there is a shop sells marine near me gonna ring them tomorrow hopefully theyll be able to sort me some ro water an live rock they sell rock there but still unsure on what live rock is does it constantly have to be in a tank until i get it home cant see it being too live sat in a box on a self. maybe they will sell me some theyve got in there tanks i dnt need too much lol!

It will likely be in a box "round the back" with water, lots of flow and a protein skimmer.

10KG should look like a lot if it's good rock. LR is porous, so mostly air if good quality... (Well, not mostly, but a lot of it is)

he 'live rock' there selling is just sat on a self in a box lol av had a look it does look good stuff from what i understand of 'live rock' but it can take a while to cure cant it might ask them if they can put some in a tank for me to cure it while i get the rest of my equipment and sort the tank out!

Hi Madness, I just been reading your thread. I think i have sussed out where you may live, large town with big steel works in a county previously known as Humberside....i see the town name was *'d out so not sure if your meant to name places... im pretty new to this forum stuff.

I used to live up that way until a couple of years ago and there was an excellent marine supplier just off the M180 (junc 2). Im not sure if im allowed to say but hell I'll take a risk. They are called Birleys, its a large garden and aquatic centre. I used to go there all the time, you will get your RO water and the fish were really well priced.

If i have got your location right, the above lfs are still on the go and you didnt know them..............then i think you will be well pleased for sure.

thanx for the tip flynnboy checked the website out for birleys looked a good shop, went down there its shut down been taking over by another company and they dnt do pets anymore lol. nevermind

oh my god, im so shocked......we are talking abou the same Birleys at Sandtoft nr Epworth ??? they did fish and garden stuff. They had a massive koi place as well as cold water, tropical and marine.............what they dont do anything like that at all ????

yeah definatly the same place near an airfield. they shut down an moved to chesterfield apprently its now owned my a landscaper for sells trees paving things like that no pets bummer!

Most reactions

Back