Fish Identification Game V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful fish, isn't it? Other great photos of them on that site too.

Let's try this one:

ScreenShot2013-08-06at111630AM_zps9654e818.png

It is literally called the Dwarf Rasbora XD It's Latin name is Boraras maculatus though if I have the right one :)

Yes you were right NY82 :) - for bonus points though - how did you know it was Laetacara Thayeri?

Wills

Paradise3 said:
It is literally called the Dwarf Rasbora XD It's Latin name is Boraras maculatus though if I have the right one :)
Not maculatus ;-)

Known only from southern (peninsular) Thailand with the type series originating from a swamp some 83 km north of Surat Thani city, Surat Thani province. Prior to description this species was traded under various names including B. sp. ‘micros‘ or ‘red micros‘, B. sp. ‘Petch Noi’, B. sp. ‘Thailand’,  B. sp. ‘south Thailand’ or ‘strawberry rasbora’.
whistling.gif

Wills said:
Yes you were right NY82
smile.png
- for bonus points though - how did you know it was Laetacara Thayeri?

Wills

That would be telling ;)

DreamertK said:
Known only from southern (peninsular) Thailand with the type series originating from a swamp some 83 km north of Surat Thani city, Surat Thani province. Prior to description this species was traded under various names including B. sp. ‘micros‘ or ‘red micros‘, B. sp. ‘Petch Noi’, B. sp. ‘Thailand’,  B. sp. ‘south Thailand’ or ‘strawberry rasbora’. :whistle:
Is there a name in there?

Ny82 said:

Yes you were right NY82
smile.png

Wills

That would be telling
wink.png

I dont mean your source just how you IDed them as Thayeri specifically :)

Wills

Wills said:

Yes you were right NY82
smile.png

Wills

That would be telling
wink.png

I dont mean your source just how you IDed them as Thayeri specifically
smile.png

Wills

Lol I just remember stumbling upon it by accident when I was researching dwarf cichlids/rams. It was the orange fins that did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back