Fish Id

I would definitely say that the tail is more Orangey-red, but I can see the hints of yellow.
I'm still sticking to my guns here, but I will say that it is severely underweight and needs to put on a few stone.

At the end of the day, it does look very young, very undernourished, so until it grows up, I don't think we're going to get it 100%.

But still..
:good:

Its definitely very under-weight, no wonder the eyes look massive :blink:

Thanks i was back at the LFS today and they were labeled as 'cardinal rasbora' so do you think it is them?
Thanks
Lloyd

Thanks i was back at the LFS today and they were labeled as 'cardinal rasbora' so do you think it is them?
Thanks
Lloyd
AFAIK Cardinal Rasboras don't exist. Is there any chance you could try to get a clearer shot of the fish?

Thanks
Lloyd
AFAIK Cardinal Rasboras don't exist. Is there any chance you could try to get a clearer shot of the fish?

i didn't think i had heard of them before. I will try too get a pic but he is very fast so doubt i'll get a good one :p
Thanks

Ive tried to get a pic but nothing clear i only have my phone and my camera which is realy bad :sad: i really need to get a DSLR.
They are exactly the same shape as my neon tetras fins and body wise. they are clear including there fins with a black stripe with an orange tint either side of it. hope this helps id this little fella but he is joining in with my danios quite well.
Thanks
Lloyd

Any suggestions for getting a good photo of one's fish? :unsure:

I've seen people take the fish out of the water, seems dangerous to me. My luck, I'd drop it. But I stand AWAY (few feet) from the take and zoom in on it, that keeps the fish calmer because they probably associate you with food (if they don't they will). When I get near my tank, my fish go crazy and swim around like they are on fire (if one could catch a fish on fire...), so take a few steps back and zoom in. It take LOTS of patience because few fish like photographs. The flash reduces the blur, but then you blind the fish. I've noticed stepping back helps with this too, then again, it may not and I'm killing my fish, they seem fine to me though!! I also like to feed mine sometimes when I take pictures. They move faster, but they are drawn away from their hiding places and swim around the top of the tank!

Apparently the main problem here is viewing the tail? I know sometimes lighting can make fish look different colors. SO here is a pic of my scissortail rasboras... Does your fish's tail look like these? In the first pic I didn't think there were black stripes on the tail, which is why i'm leaning toward it NOT being rasbora... but I don't have a breed suggestion, because I'm no expert! I've had these fish going on a year in February or March (can't remember). I'm pretty sure they were young when I bought them and they DID have striped tails so I personally don't think it's a matter of age. Health, yes, I've read some fish dull badly if they are sick or undernourished.

Pic:
rasbora.jpg

Good luck and keep us posted!
-EB

Any suggestions for getting a good photo of one's fish? :unsure:

I've seen people take the fish out of the water, seems dangerous to me. My luck, I'd drop it. But I stand AWAY (few feet) from the take and zoom in on it, that keeps the fish calmer because they probably associate you with food (if they don't they will). When I get near my tank, my fish go crazy and swim around like they are on fire (if one could catch a fish on fire...), so take a few steps back and zoom in. It take LOTS of patience because few fish like photographs. The flash reduces the blur, but then you blind the fish. I've noticed stepping back helps with this too, then again, it may not and I'm killing my fish, they seem fine to me though!! I also like to feed mine sometimes when I take pictures. They move faster, but they are drawn away from their hiding places and swim around the top of the tank!

Apparently the main problem here is viewing the tail? I know sometimes lighting can make fish look different colors. SO here is a pic of my scissortail rasboras... Does your fish's tail look like these? In the first pic I didn't think there were black stripes on the tail, which is why i'm leaning toward it NOT being rasbora... but I don't have a breed suggestion, because I'm no expert! I've had these fish going on a year in February or March (can't remember). I'm pretty sure they were young when I bought them and they DID have striped tails so I personally don't think it's a matter of age. Health, yes, I've read some fish dull badly if they are sick or undernourished.

Pic:
rasbora.jpg

Good luck and keep us posted!
-EB

Hi thanks for the advice :good:
He dose look like those fish but without the black and white on his tail and is slightly more bronze colored
i will try and get a pic of him now he's abit bigger.
Thanks
Lloyd

Most reactions

Back