Fish Going

redkev

Reaction score
i have had my tank running for a year now. a friend who owns a fish shop tested my water as i dont know what im doing with wather test and he said all was fine. so i bought a few more fish. everyday another 1 or 2 die. i has 6 cory and they are all gone. my live plants never last, can anyone give me help?

can you give us some more info on the tank and inhabitatns, what size is it, what fish do you have, what maintenance do you do?

best to understand the test results yourself, this topic explains the main ones to watch out for

http://www.fishforums.net/content/New-to-t...eady-have-fish/

you should get your own test kit, test your water and let us know what the readings are. that's the best thing for us to help you

ok i keep mollies and guppies, livebearers really. i had a male fighter which lasted 3 days, i had 4 panda cory and 4 white cory which have all died. i change water every 2 weeks.

ok, we need much more detail than that, try filling this out. give us much info as possible, something which you may thing is insignificant may not be, better to tell us too much than not enough.

Tank size:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Frequency and method of filte rmaintenance:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

Agreed with Miss Wiggle.

We definitely need to know what is in the tank and how big it is.

You say you had it set up for a year, everything was fine and then you put more fish in it and they started dying.
What was in it when you had it set up and what did you add that seemed to trigger this? You might have introduced a disease. What do the fish do before they die? Are there any signs of bloating or loss of weight? Do they swim eratically, become agressive, hide all the time, refuse to eat? Do they change colour, lose their scales, or develop spots, patches, holes or cuts? We really need to know things like this to help you.

Most reactions

Back