Fish For 20 Gallon Long Or Tall? (No Live Bearers)

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ythao01

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i'm looking to start a new non community tank (perferably a 20 gallon) but have a different type of fish that I haven't had yet. I already know that live bearers, dwarf gouramis, tetras,barbs and corycats will do ok in there but what else? I kind of want a type of colorful cichlid but I don't think a 20 gallon will cut it for any type of cichlid. I could upgrade to a 30 gallon but $100+ is a lot for a jobless high schooler.

There are many small cichlids you could keep in a 20G tank. But be aware that with this tank size it normally means keeping a single pair and that is it.

It really depends on what your water parameters are if you could provide us with the hardness of the water and the ph that would help a lot. You will need to test the water to see what they are. I have a 20 gallons tank and I have 2 kribensis in it but they are fighting at the minute and could properly do with a 30 gallon but there are some very nice apistogramma or some rams although both of those prefer softer water from Tom

Bbc.co I haven't really started the tank yet. I'm just looking for fish suggestions.

Most reactions

Back