Fish Dying

i think that maybe she should cull them.

Well I have here the most popular ways to cull your fish:

1) Predator Animals - buy large fish or aquatic turtles to get rid of their culls. This is rather humane and you are feeding your predators. Does it sting killing fish you helped raise, yes but you are doing it for two reasons 1) your feeding your predators and 2) its not fair to the fish if you try and keep it but don't have room. Popular choices are Oscars, Red Eared Sliders, and Cichlids, cat.

2) Freezer - Take a bag and fill it with the water your fish was in, then put your fish in it. Tie it off or seal it and place it into the freezer. Within a few short hours your fish will freeze to death. A lot of people do this because they feel this is humane as the fish falls to sleep then freezes. Note however that some people have pulled their frozen fish out and seen them in jerky positions of struggle, as if the fish was fighting for survival.

3) Flushing - Taking your fish and flushing it down the toilet. DO NOT DO THIS! THIS IS CRUEL AND THE FISH DOES NOT DIE ON THE WAY TO A SEPTIC TANK OR SEWER SO WHEN THEY ARRIVE THEY CHOKE TO DEATH ON HUMAN WASTE.

4) Oils - Placing oils in the fishes water. A few drops puts the fish to sleep, a few more drops kills the fish.

5) Give Away - Give the fish away to schools, friends, co workers.

okey.... copy and past

u must try to save them till last breath. its doable.

The 2 sharks and clown loach were dead when i got up this morning. I couldnt have culled them even if id wanted to

what are you water readings like today?
i cant get the nitrite down its at 5ppm, ammonia is 0, ph is 7.4, nitrate is 10
ive only got 10 neons and 1 platty in tank now
How often should i be doing water changes and how much water should i be taking out?

Thanks Linda

i have also bought a bigger tank which i pick up on monday,its a 180L, do i get the water right in this tank then transfer water to that tank? any advice will be much appreciated!

Most reactions

Back