Fish Dying Need Help

The med could finish him off if his breathing laboured, so its up to you if you add the maracyn plus.
Don't forget to increase aeration in the tank with the med as it reduces 02 in the water.
Seen and fish rubbing themselves on things in the tank, or look like something is irratating them.

i have a top fin 60 running all the way open and a air stone bubbling. all the fish are acting calm only one has the clamped fins though.

Ok that sounds fine.
Parasites cause bacterial infections, the red dots point to bacterial to parasite.
Signs of parasites can be sores, flicking and rubbing, laboured breathing even gasping, pierce marks, excess mucas on body and gills, darting.

thanks i'll go get the maracyn plus and start treating i'll keep posting.

Bless him. Not going to well at the moment for you is it.
It's wise to buy a hospital tank and also you can use it for when you get new fish, so you can quarantine them for 4 to 6 weeks.
To make sure there not fetching anything nasty into the tank.

there has been a change. i lost two more fish. now the last rasbora has developed this white stuff around it's eye. any ideas?

sick_fish.jpg

i should the people at petsmart they think its popeye and suggested treating with maracyn should i try it?

Does the white stuff look fluffy.
Have you added a bacterial med.

it kind of looked like the fish was deteriorating. he was dead when i woke up. i'm treating with maracyn. the rest of the fish semm to be doing better now.

Bless Him. R.I.P.

Most reactions

Back