Fish Dying Help

Nuke

Reaction score
i have bought 20 pair of fish on 11th August and now in Aquarium there are only total 15 fish (not pair) left, please help that why are they dying so quickly

xm8xl2.jpg

acvhxc.jpg

aliujr.jpg

these below died
55s4uu.jpg

you see the fish whose head is red behind that fish is a totally black fish that pair died too
1z2elxy.jpg

are you keeping all the fish in the pics in the same tank???

we need much more information to be able to help

what is your tank size?

How long has the tank been running?

have you cycled your tank?

what are the ammonia and nitrite readings from your tank? If you dont know these, buy a test kit very quickly.

What fish do you have? Do you know their names? I see goldfish and angels, but what else do you have?

Best thing you can do right now is do a big water change (50% or more) - so long as you are using dechlorinator in the water first.

Looks like a very bad mix of everything in that tank :/

Okay there are tons of things we need to know. Answer all of ZoddyZod's questions. This is what I think happened. First of all you don't have a good combination of fish. Second you needed to cycle the tank. If that's the case than your fish probably died from high ammonia levels. Also adding 20 pairs of fish in one day is too much. If you did fishless cycle you still want to add your community fish first than add your aggressive fish later. It also looks like your tank may be overstocked. I doubt that fish tank is tall enough for angel fish. I also think that it is overstocked with just the goldfish alone, if that is what those fish are in the 3rd and 5th pictures. What fish are still living so we can advice you to what you need to re-home, if there is any that may need it.

@ ZoddyZod

what is your tank size?
>>>> 55 G

>>>> bought it on 11th August 2011

>>>> if you mean washing cleaning after buying yes i did

what are the ammonia and nitrite readings from your tank? If you dont know these, buy a test kit very quickly.
>>>> dont have the kit will buy

What fish do you have? Do you know their names? I see goldfish and angels, but what else do you have?
>>>> sorry mate i dont know name of any of them just went to the shop and asked to put this this this this in tank

Best thing you can do right now is do a big water change (50% or more) - so long as you are using dechlorinator in the water first.
>>>> i have changed water like 70% everytime when 1 of them died

@ XeroTolerance
Okay there are tons of things we need to know. Answer all of ZoddyZod's questions. This is what I think happened. First of all you don't have a good combination of fish. Second you needed to cycle the tank. If that's the case than your fish probably died from high ammonia levels. Also adding 20 pairs of fish in one day is too much. If you did fishless cycle you still want to add your community fish first than add your aggressive fish later. It also looks like your tank may be overstocked. I doubt that fish tank is tall enough for angel fish. I also think that it is overstocked with just the goldfish alone, if that is what those fish are in the 3rd and 5th pictures. What fish are still living so we can advice you to what you need to re-home, if there is any that may need it.

>>>> can you please tell me good combination of fish atleast 4 pair of fish to keep in tank, i'll add now 4 pairs

all the remaining fish are dead
2m7i4ie.jpg

:(

What happened is you didn't cycle your tank before you added ANY fish, let alone 40 fish. They all died of ammonia poisoning. Go to the link beneath my sig (New to fishkeeping? Click here) and read up on how to start a tank.

Do NOT go out and buy more fish until you've spent time researching first. Those were living, breathing creatures you carelessly tossed into a tank with no knowledge of how to care for them. Bravo for joining the forum, but for this round of fish it's too late. I'd like to give a bop on the head to the clerk at the LFS (local fish store) who sold you all these fish.

I'm sorry to be rough but this is infuriating. Please spend as much time as possible on this forum asking lots and lots of questions about getting your tank started up properly and how and what kind of fish to add and in what numbers.

@ ZoddyZod

what is your tank size?
>>>> 55 G

>>>> bought it on 11th August 2011

>>>> if you mean washing cleaning after buying yes i did

>>>> dont have the kit will buy

>>>> sorry mate i dont know name of any of them just went to the shop and asked to put this this this this in tank

>>>> i have changed water like 70% everytime when 1 of them died

@ XeroTolerance

>>>> can you please tell me good combination of fish atleast 4 pair of fish to keep in tank, i'll add now 4 pairs

all the remaining fish are dead
2m7i4ie.jpg

:(
have you bought all thses fish together ? in fact i dont no where to start !!!! :no: , there are some real helpful people on here they are very patient !!! and will point you in he right direcion good luck :no:

Poor fish :rip:

For a lfs to sell you all those fish in one hit is disgusting and they're incompatible :angry:

I recommend you take back the fish and tell them what happened,then do a fishless cycle...

Do you have a heater in the tank? goldfish are coldwater and angels are tropical...

First thing is don't buy any more fish and go and buy yourself a master test kit and dechlorinator. Follow the link which is shown above-mentioned. If I was you I would remove your current water and start again.

Anymore questions just post on this forum and we will be happy to help.:)

For a lfs to sell you all those fish in one hit is disgusting and they're incompatible :angry:

I recommend you take back the fish and tell them what happened,then do a fishless cycle...

Do you have a heater in the tank? goldfish are coldwater and angels are tropical...

I agree with you. BTW goldfish can live in tropical water but its not very good for them.

take them back to shopkeeper.....
when 1 fish died i called shopkeeper and said that 1 fish is dead you gave me the sick 1, he replied how come i predict someone's life that fish time was over so that fish died

take them back to shopkeeper.....
when 1 fish died i called shopkeeper and said that 1 fish is dead you gave me the sick 1, he replied how come i predict someone's life that fish time was over so that fish died

The fish didn't die because their 'lifetimes were over', they died because they were living in poisonous water. Putting 40 fish in a tiny tank all at once is what killed them, and if that was the shopkeeper's advice then they're as much to blame as anyone.

Most reactions

Back