Fish about to blow

Discus food is VERY high in protein....maybe that has something to do with it, I know my demasoni would croak in a second if I fed them the discus food I have..... :/

It has less than formula I though

11.2-discus
14.9-FI

However the first ingredient in the discus food is beef heart, ugh, I feel like an idiot :/

Tell them. :rolleyes:

Good luck Sorrell....are they listless at all btw? Acting stupid?

"Poop for mommy, just like a big boy" :*

That right there is going to be so wrong if they are dead in the morning :X

edit: just the buttikoferi everyone else is still beating each other up and the johannis look good as new. I am puzzled

Hmmm....doesn't make sense that the food would be it...says that they are pigs and can eat anything....I'm stumped. Must be just what Julie said....not used to the type of food. -_-

Poop kids! :nod:

That's what I'm thinking too, even though the protein counts are different, the protein in beef is gonna be a lot heavier then shrimp and krill. The only thing I don't get if this theory is true...why is it setting in 24hrs later? :huh:

Hi guys, they seem to be doing a lot better today. Most still have oversized bellies, but not near the same point as it was last night. One of the buttikoferi is acting weird though, he's laying over a rock and fanning it with his tail really fast. It reminded me of when I used to breed Oscars how they would fan the eggs, but there is nothing on the rock and he looks like he is fanning in fast forward. Weird, but other than that everyone looks a lot better. Thanks for your help last night Julie and Chris, I really appreciate the late night research while I ran up and down the hall :flowers: :wub:

Sorrell said:
Hi guys, they seem to be doing a lot better today. Most still have oversized bellies, but not near the same point as it was last night. One of the buttikoferi is acting weird though, he's laying over a rock and fanning it with his tail really fast. It reminded me of when I used to breed Oscars how they would fan the eggs, but there is nothing on the rock and he looks like he is fanning in fast forward. Weird, but other than that everyone looks a lot better. Thanks for your help last night Julie and Chris, I really appreciate the late night research while I ran up and down the hall :flowers: :wub:
hiya Sorrell, how are the lil piggies doing now ?

strange as it may seem, but talking to them can really help them!

i hope that they are normal size, but if not, how big are their tummies now ? have they gone back down to normal size yet, or are they still gettin there ?

Yeah, they look a lot better. I just took this so you can see, they aren't doing the headstands anymore, just caught them at a funny moment. They look much much better! :nod:

Attachments

• better.JPG
    better.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 24
Sorrell said:
Yeah, they look a lot better. I just took this so you can see, they aren't doing the headstands anymore, just caught them at a funny moment. They look much much better! :nod:
Good! Glad to see that they have made their recovery!

i know how hard it can be to just leave poorly fishies and go to bed, the first time 1 of my fish was ill i waited up all nite watching it, hoping that it would recover!

did u manage to make a decision about what had made them get fat tummies?

I think it had to be the beef protein in that discus food, because nothing else had changed. I don't know why the johannis were fine, and why it took so long to hit, but that's all I'm going by, and i will never feed them thaty again to find out! B)

Sorrell said:
I think it had to be the beef protein in that discus food, because nothing else had changed. I don't know why the johannis were fine, and why it took so long to hit, but that's all I'm going by, and i will never feed them thaty again to find out! B)
yeh, just glad that no1 died and that you spotted it before feeding them more food, which wud have made it worse.

Goes to show, being on this forum can be the difference of a fish suffering cus u duno wots wrong, and comming thru cus uve taken the corrective action!

Most reactions

Back