First Time Cycling Fish Tank Alone.

Yea for sure get rid of the goldfish, bad news right now, and the less bioload may be just what the doctor ordered for your levels to start clearing down faster.

already ahead of you lol I have someone coming to get the goldfish tomorrow.

Ok, Update on the tank. The water is clear. Om Nom is still swimming around but a little sluggish. The gentleman coming to get the goldfish is coming this afternoon and I hope soon. The poor thing is bruised almost beyond recognition. He says he has some special water stuff for infections and he's seen that type of bruising before and told me what to get. (This gentleman used to raise Piranhas and other large tropical fish) Said that the Oscar was dark so you couldn't see if he was bruised but it was best to treat the infection in my tank just in case he's gotten it. Plus it won't hurt to medicate even if he doesn't because it'll kill the stuff in the water too. 

He wanted to see Ghost, but I buried him yesterday. But Ghost didn't have any bruising or discoloration not even after he died. So I don't know. He said it was possible that since he was so small catching it would have probably killed him quickly before the bruising was evident. Om Nom is about 3 inches bigger than Ghost was. So hopefully I can figure it all out. I'll try posting pictures but I'm not sure how yet lol.

I got him to eat something. A shrimp. Just the one. But it's better than him eating nothing at all. He had even stopped trying to catch flies. So It's a step in the right direction that he's ate something. I talked to my local pet store owner who keeps an abundance of fish at all times. She basically told me Pet Smart was full of **** and to never listen to anyone there again. She agrees with my friend about the bacterial infection in the water and has asked me to bring her a water sample to test with her master kit. Once she knows what's wrong with the water, then she said she'd help me with the treatment for it. But she thinks it's an extremely high Nitrite content that's done it but won't know until she tests the water. We will see.

That's good that he ate something! 

I have no idea about whether or not it could be an infection, I'm terrible at identifying that sort of stuff LoL. Sorry.
Hope you can find out what is wrong though. :)

Most reactions

Back