Finishing off the 20

OohFeeshy

It's only forever; not long at all...
Reaction score
Fine, I'm not exactly a beginner :p But I see no point in crowding Chit Chat with another 'what should I put in my tank?' topic. Anyhoo, the basics-

20g (24x15x12 dimension wise)
Fluval 2 filter (buut I might be upgrading to a Fluval 4 if it doesn't seem too much of an overkill)

Current Stocking-
6 Cories
9 danios

Now, I want to plant it up. Then I've got to decide what to finish with. I really wanted gold rams, but TBH I don't think they'd do brilliantly as I've got hard water. So, my plan now is to add a few more zebra danios (the danios consist of 7 leopard and 2 zebra- they were mixed up in the shop, don't ask :)) and then a pair of dwarf gouramis. But anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any better suggestions? Preferably I want-
Brightly coloured
Large for the tank size
Mid dwelling
Easy to breed later on

A shoal of harlequins or tetra's x ray tetra's are nice and they are hardy.

Well, like I said, really I want between one and 3 'larger' fish. Oops. no, I didn't say 1-3, but I did say 'large' :)

maybe angels? thouhg do they go with such active fish as danios, depending on height of tnak as well i guess so mayb not in a 20gl?

maybe a molly of some sort? sowrdtail?

or a rainbow fiosh of some sort

Like I said, I wanted rams but I'm not so sure they'll thrive in my water. I live in the South, hard chalky water, and the fish at the lfs come from Singapore where the water has a much lower pH than mine. The other problem with cichlids is that they get aggressive during spawning, when they're guarding their fry.

EDIT-
maybe angels? thouhg do they go with such active fish as danios, depending on height of tnak as well i guess so mayb not in a 20gl?

Its 15 inches high, 2ft long, so I'd say no.

Regarding your filter, i have 2 Fluval +2's in my 20 gal as i felt 1 was not enough (and its overstocked). I think a +4 would cause a tidal wave though, it has some serious power :lol: . One +3 might be a nice compromise.

I have a fluval 2 in my smallest tank a rekord 60 12gal, i would upgrade i have a fluval 4, hard to pull apart, just invested in a etheim lot better filter an aquaball.

hya OohFeeshy

Just wondering if this was the albino tank....or is that seperate :thumbs:

germanshepherdlver said:
hya OohFeeshy

Just wondering if this was the albino tank....or is that seperate :thumbs:
Nope, the albino tank is currently cycling :) I'm hoping to get a few pics soon. I still need a proper hood though, but TBH I'll probably end up forking out for a proper one. It will only really have moonlights in, but it won't be an albino tank forever :)

Most reactions

Back