Finally Got Some Puffer :)

but ive heard their quite prone to white spot. they seem to #### loads lol. and my tank would just look empty with them in to be honest.

I've not had any white spots on mine (touch wood). And yes, they are heavy poopers :lol:

but ive heard their quite prone to white spot. they seem to #### loads lol. and my tank would just look empty with them in to be honest.

I've not had any white spots on mine (touch wood). And yes, they are heavy poopers :lol:

if i could get a home for my other fish i would be tempted. im also going travelling to australia for a while soon. so they'd have to go the anyway as i have no one to take care of my tank!

It's too bad you couldnt rehouse your other fish or your Dwarves because they are quite wonderful fish. I would definately go for puffers again once you get back from Australia. Good luck in the future :good:

I realize that keeping any other fish with a DP is a huge gamble, but I've read some sites that say slow moving fish can 'possibly' be kept with them. I was wondering if a couple of BBG might work with a DP. Again, I realize it's a risk. I don't really think it would work since BBG are territorial too, but I was curious. Besides, BBG are tiny too so they may become food. I was just curious about your take on the matter.

:fish:

Awesome you got a Mbu Puffer :hyper: how big is he/she or how long have you had it. That is my dream fish :drool: I just can't afford a big enough tank to house one. Maybe I can sell my car? By the way did you vote for it in the it in the fish poll if not you should. they deserve more votes than just 4.

Awesome you got a Mbu Puffer :hyper: how big is he/she or how long have you had it. That is my dream fish :drool: I just can't afford a big enough tank to house one. Maybe I can sell my car? By the way did you vote for it in the it in the fish poll if not you should. they deserve more votes than just 4.

Hi,

Yes, I have, his name is Brian and he is currently 5inches. He's got bags of personality, he spits water, drags his lip up and down the glass so he looks like Elvis, poops tonnes and dances a lot. I got him at Christmas. He's currently in a 6x2x2 which is no way going to be big enough for him :rolleyes: . But at the moment being only 5 inches having 6ft all to himself, he's having a great time. However I did initally have him in a 120l Juwel tank to begin with until the big tank matured.

I've got a planted tanked, but it's not heavily planted, just enough for him to hide away in different places if he wants. I spend a lot of time talking to him ( I need more of a social life) but he is very rewarding. He's on his own in the tank and I worry that he gets lonely (hence why I talk to him lots) but I dont think its fair to put anything else in just in case he eats them!

I admit, they aren't cheap to set up initially, but so worth it in terms of their charm.

I am one of the 4 votes in the poll! :good:

Sweeeeeet! I'm so jealous. Thats funny, one of my GSPs does that too (drag his nose up and down the tank glass). I'll try to get a pic.

Most reactions

Back