Finally Got Some Puffer :)

Er.
Get rid of everything else and have a puffer tank :good:.
Otherwise get rid of puffers and the rtbs.
Rob

i really want the puffer tank. but what am i supposed to do with the rest of the fish.

if i was to keep all the fish. what risk am i taking.

is there any chance they will live.

im not saying im going to do this because i dont wana injure any of my fish. but i dont want to get rid of them either :(

Keeping DP's with fish is playing with fire. They don't play well with a lot of species, including tetras.

You'll be taking a risk, you should be aware of that.

Keeping DP's with fish is playing with fire. They don't play well with a lot of species, including tetras.

You'll be taking a risk, you should be aware of that.

i do realise that now.

how bad is it going to get if i take the risk.

I bought my DPs under the same circumstances as you.... love at first sight :wub: :wub: and 3 for £x.00... and I had a small tank too (my fault - not researched before buying :blush: ). I soon realised that my other fish, which were mollies and danios at the time, would not survive long being attacked contantly so...................... I ended up buying another tank just for the puffers :lol:

Keeping the DPs in a separate tank is not only for the wellbeing of your other fish but also for the benefit of the DPs. They get harrassed by fast swimmers easily and feeding time is problematic since they are relatively slow eaters. They suck bloodworms like spaghetti :lol: .

For the time being, you should try to give them as many plants and hiding places as possible until you decide on what to do next. DPs are very responsive fun little characters. Hope you enjoy keeping them. Good luck!

I bought my DPs under the same circumstances as you.... love at first sight :wub: :wub: and 3 for £x.00... and I had a small tank too (my fault - not researched before buying :blush: ). I soon realised that my other fish, which were mollies and danios at the time, would not survive long being attacked contantly so...................... I ended up buying another tank just for the puffers :lol:

Keeping the DPs in a separate tank is not only for the wellbeing of your other fish but also for the benefit of the DPs. They get harrassed by fast swimmers easily and feeding time is problematic since they are relatively slow eaters. They suck bloodworms like spaghetti :lol: .

For the time being, you should try to give them as many plants and hiding places as possible until you decide on what to do next. DPs are very responsive fun little characters. Hope you enjoy keeping them. Good luck!

thanks for that great respone they have plenty to hide amongst ad do in the tank and see to be calming down. its probably going to end up i get rid of everything else as i cant buy another tank due to the mother :)

Honestly getting rid of everyting and keeping the Puffs will be far more rewarding than the other way round. Puffers can be so interactive and intelligent, unlike other fish.

My Puffers welcome me home everynight, with a little wiggle at the glass (feed me you git) probably, but cute never the less ;)

Honestly getting rid of everyting and keeping the Puffs will be far more rewarding than the other way round. Puffers can be so interactive and intelligent, unlike other fish.

My Puffers welcome me home everynight, with a little wiggle at the glass (feed me you git) probably, but cute never the less ;)

i agree with that but 3 dwarf puffer i my tank would just look empty to me. which isnt what im looking for. might get myself a bigger puffer and keep that.

been as ive spoken to my uncle. and got the area manager involved.

and can want my damaged fish replaced. petrol cost covered and a full refund on the puffers.

i only got 3 because they were 3 for 6 pound in madienhead. call me stupid because i probably am. but i just fell in love with them tbh.

They arent the one Maidenhead call "community" puffers are they? If they are they get to 6" each!!! Not what i would call dwarf!!

I think the ones that Jackman got are the little dwarf puffers that only grow to about an inch and a bit. I got mine from a Maidenhead Aquatics too. They were selling 3 for £X.00 (can't remember how much since it was well over a year ago). Obviously a picture would help to ID them :rolleyes:

I think the ones that Jackman got are the little dwarf puffers that only grow to about an inch and a bit. I got mine from a Maidenhead Aquatics too. They were selling 3 for £X.00 (can't remember how much since it was well over a year ago). Obviously a picture would help to ID them :rolleyes:
37051787_c88eade6a6.jpg

thats the ones i stupidly bought.

the ones that will be returning to the shop friday.

That's a shame you can't keep them. I would have given up all the other fish in order to keep them LOL.

Do you not have a picture of your own DPs btw?

That's a shame you can't keep them. I would have given up all the other fish in order to keep them LOL.

Do you not have a picture of your own DPs btw?

no because the pictures wont come out through the glass.

i would keep them. but ive heard their quite prone to white spot. they seem to #### loads lol. and my tank would just look empty with them in to be honest.

Most reactions

Back