Filtration Options For A 75 Gal (284 L)

draconis - Are you sure there wasn't some kind of spillover from the filters catching in bottom frame? I agree with bitteraspects that it's pretty weird for the tank to leak only when you've got the filter weight on the tank.

I know it makes no sense. The 1st time I put the filters I lost close to 2" of water overnight that were spilled on the floor. The water was all around the front and sides on the bottom edge of the tank, but it was more like accumulation, yet as soon as it was cleaned, more appeared. This had never happened before in over 6 years with this tank so I figured the only new thing were the filters. As soon as I put support rods for them, no more water. In the name of science I took the supports out, and 15 minutes later there was water accumulated on the bottom edges again. Anyway, I check the tank every day and find no more leaks or water anywhere with the supports in place. Could it be the tank was defective from the beginning and it took the weight of the filters (specially if they are tilted?) to show it?

PS,
Other feedback on the AquaClear is that if they are less than full, they take forever to self-prime, so keep that in mind if you decide to use them someday.

the filter i have for a similar volume tank is the 2028 eheim pro 2 filter

Most reactions

Back