Filter Name Question

moeldner

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
What do you call the type of filter in the hoods of the aquaone tanks? Is it a trickle filter, wet/dry filter, something else???

My Aqua One tank doesnt have a filter in the hood at all, it has a light....

Lol! you wont beleave this! i typed AR-980, into google! and guess what happened?

Lol! you wont beleave this! i typed AR-980, into google! and guess what happened?

Your comment is not appreciated.

I have already done this and seen many websites with different descriptions of the filter - hence me asking for specific advice from people on here who might know.

I have seen it called a trickle filter.
I have seen it called a wet/dry biological filter. (which includes the auaone site)
I have seen it simply called a 900lph filter with no further information.

For piece of mind, and as a learning exercise, I thought i'd ask on here to be sure.

Sorry if this upset you in any way - I sincerely hope I didn't cause you any undue stress by posting this question.

this is why I was asking i hav e read and heard many different ways of naming this filter. maybe I should just resort to calling it a wet/dry bacterial trickle filter.

Wet/dry and trickle filters are essentially the same. Some wet/dry filters use spray bars some use trickling.

Wet/dry and trickle filters both refer to the same type of filtration, that of having the biological media exposed to the air with water running over it so that the bacteria colony has far more oxygen available to it.

Your comment is not appreciated.

I have already done this and seen many websites with different descriptions of the filter - hence me asking for specific advice from people on here who might know.

I have seen it called a trickle filter.
I have seen it called a wet/dry biological filter. (which includes the auaone site)
I have seen it simply called a 900lph filter with no further information.

For piece of mind, and as a learning exercise, I thought i'd ask on here to be sure.

Sorry if this upset you in any way - I sincerely hope I didn't cause you any undue stress by posting this question.

Oops sorry about that. It was my attempt at a joke, you have caused me no offence, and i apologise for any i have caused. that was not my intent!

Wet/dry and trickle filters are essentially the same. Some wet/dry filters use spray bars some use trickling.

Wet/dry and trickle filters both refer to the same type of filtration, that of having the biological media exposed to the air with water running over it so that the bacteria colony has far more oxygen available to it.

Thanks for the info - I appreciate it.

Oops sorry about that. It was my attempt at a joke, you have caused me no offence, and i apologise for any i have caused. that was not my intent!

Apology accepted - I am a member of many forums, not just fish related. In my experience, most people come to these forums as focus points for certain areas of interest and I believe that the members in general are there to help others, or learn more about their hobbies. While google and other search engines can be helpful, there can also be a lot of non-specific and contradictory information out there.

I apologise if my response was uncalled for - it is one of my pet hates on these sorts of forums when people say to go and google it. I come here to find info on aquariums and have my questions answered by people I have developed strong levels of trust for. This trust is built on thier levels of knowledge from their own experiences. Commercial websites and one off opinions on other peoples personal web sites don't interest me as they are often biased and/or wrong.

Anyway, back on topic - thank you all who have contributed, my original question has been answered.

Most reactions

Back