Filter Media Donation?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You have a deal,Big bad Barry.I have sent you a pm with address details. :good:

Posted 1st class before 10am this morning.
I've put in some substrate pro media as well which probaly has more bacteria than the sponge. Just swap it with any bio media you have in your filter. Not much as i cant risk removing too much as filter is still less than 6 months post cycling and i have donated some already.
Put some crumbled flake food in as have no ammonia left and kept container warm till posting.

Cost just less than £3 in total. Im sure NSPCC will welcome donation.

Good luck. :good:

You have a deal,Big bad Barry.I have sent you a pm with address details. :good:

Posted 1st class before 10am this morning.
I've put in some substrate pro media as well which probaly has more bacteria than the sponge. Just swap it with any bio media you have in your filter. Not much as i cant risk removing too much as filter is still less than 6 months post cycling and i have donated some already.
Put some crumbled flake food in as have no ammonia left and kept container warm till posting.

Cost just less than £3 in total. Im sure NSPCC will welcome donation.

Good luck. :good:

Thanks very much,hopefully I`ll get it in the morning then!! :good:
Not sure what substrate pro media is to be honest,where should i put it? I have the aqua ar850 tank with the filter in the hood and currently have sponge,fluval prefilter,sponge then ceramic noodles where should I mix it in?
I will sort the donation,thanks again. :good:

Its the media used to house bacterial colonies in my filter.
Put them in with the noodles (the ones in your filter - not the stir fry stuff! :rofl: ).
The sponge has the longest established bacteria in it so you will need to find a suitable spot for it as well.

How big was the piece of sponge roughly? I have two tray compartments in the filter both with exactly the same media in them,would I be ok to remove one of my sponges and just replace it with yours? Failing that if its only small I will cut my sponge in half and add yours aswell.Does that make sense?
I will just add the other media with my ceramic noodles,yes?

Thanks again,you`re a star. :good:

The sponge is about 35mm squarish.
Depends on the size of what you have in ther already. Try to cut it to the exact shape so that it fits snugly.

Yes put the balls with the ceramic noodles but dont ovefill.

The sponge is about 35mm squarish.
Depends on the size of what you have in ther already. Try to cut it to the exact shape so that it fits snugly.

Yes put the balls with the ceramic noodles but dont ovefill.

The sponges are both about 10 inches x 4 inches! Should I just lay yours on top of mine or should I cut a piece of mine out roughly the same as yours and then just piece yours in?

The mature media arrived this afternoon!,just finished putting it into the filter.
Thanks again mate,its appreciated,lets hope it has some effect. :good:

Most reactions

Back