Filter Media Donation?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i sent media from essex to a member in scotland and it survived the trip . all i did was pack it in a watertight container , added a small amount of amonia and posted it . altho the weight of the water did bumo the cost up a fair bit . i think it cost about £12 .

Hi mate
If you would post me some that would be great,but would it not have to be bagged in tankwater etc? And delivered next day?
I would be happy to pay for the cost of postage if it will work!! :good:

The weekend is no good but if you PM me you could collect from my work place between 1030 and 1400 tomorrow.

Have a bottle of ammonia if you want it as well.

There doesn't seem to be an option to pm you Barry, but ye torrid would be fine by me. Don't mid giving you alittle something for the ammonia aswell if you want it?

Hi mate
If you would post me some that would be great,but would it not have to be bagged in tankwater etc? And delivered next day?
I would be happy to pay for the cost of postage if it will work!! :good:

Cannot say if it will definitely work.
Im prepared to send it to you sealed in a little water so it stays damp in padded package if the cost is a couple of quid.
Will post it first thing monday. Any fancy postage is going to take ovenight anyway.
Whatever it costs me - give it to NSPCC or similar charity and help someone else out when your tank is up and running!

The weekend is no good but if you PM me you could collect from my work place between 1030 and 1400 tomorrow.

Have a bottle of ammonia if you want it as well.

There doesn't seem to be an option to pm you Barry, but ye torrid would be fine by me. Don't mid giving you alittle something for the ammonia aswell if you want it?

i dont know when your PM will start to work. Something to do with number of posts me thinks.
Unfortunately i dont put personal or work details on forums.

Mine was sent to me in a few layers of plastic food bag, with enough water to keep it damp but not weigh down the parcel. The person hasn't been active on here for a while though unfortunately.

HI
I'm in b'ham too,
would you be interested in donating some mature media to me?
i'm thinking when you sorted,
busy with work at the moment but maybe in 4-6 weeks
let me know
thanks

Hey,

When my tank is sorted I would happily donate some of my media on to others. Yh just give it 2 months or so to get cycled and "matured" and its all yours.

HI
I'm in b'ham too,
would you be interested in donating some mature media to me?
i'm thinking when you sorted,
busy with work at the moment but maybe in 4-6 weeks
let me know
thanks

Hey,

When my tank is sorted I would happily donate some of my media on to others. Yh just give it 2 months or so to get cycled and "matured" and its all yours.
Cheers mate,thats great
will be intouch
thanks

Ragtagcurtis - how did it go with the media?

Hey, thanks so much for the donation again. When I got home yesterday I decided to change my gravel for sand. I emptied a large amount of my tank water into a big bucket and set the filter up in their with all the media you gave me inside. I followed your advice regarding replacing my bio balls with yours and cutting a square chunk from my sponge. All seems to be working well.

This morning I've added the filter back into the tank and am now in the process of calculating my ammonia requirements. I did add a little to the bucket last night to keep the bacteria kicking on but today the cycle begins.

Thanks so much :good:

Tap water is as follows. I'm guessing it's not to bad?

Tap water
PH – 7.4
Ammonia – 0pmm
Nitrite – 0pmm
Nitrate – 10pmm

Feel free to keep up with my log at: My Log

Most reactions

Back