filter cleaning during cycle

I'm using the same test kit as you, api master kit. The tetras are in the tank and loving it, swimming around happily. I am going to get some clean up crew to help keeping the gravels clean but then ill wait until the cycle finished to add more fish.
What do you think?
If you don't mind me saying you sound a bit unsure of your reading, i always put mine on white kitchen role and put the tube on the end and look across to see how the colour matches, if you can do it like this you can't go wrong.

Nitrite 0.50ppm (2).jpg

You have reading like that while in a cycle and your size tank they still need as much oxygen as you can feed them and i remove water on a daily basis and with your size tank it would be 30% and vacuum twice weekly and you need good bacteria to help your tank to cycle.

Well do everything i said and keep we updated weekly on your readings as it would be nice like i'm doing and if anything doesn't seem right we can help you.

My 60 gallon went through a mini cycle and i had 30 odd fish in it and my ammonia was 0.25, nitrite 2ppm and nitrate 20ppm and this is the amount of oxygen i was feeding them to help them cope and removing daily 6 buckets and replacing them, it will help strengthen your fish to cope the more oxygen they have.

This video is from when it was cycling they have an air brick, oxygen pumping in from the right off the main pump and it coming through on the left from the top filter system.

If you don't mind me saying you sound a bit unsure of your reading, i always put mine on white kitchen role and put the tube on the end and look across to see how the colour matches, if you can do it like this you can't go wrong.

View attachment 104119

You have reading like that while in a cycle and your size tank they still need as much oxygen as you can feed them and i remove water on a daily basis and with your size tank it would be 30% and vacuum twice weekly and you need good bacteria to help your tank to cycle.

Well do everything i said and keep we updated weekly on your readings as it would be nice like i'm doing and if anything doesn't seem right we can help you.

My 60 gallon went through a mini cycle and i had 30 odd fish in it and my ammonia was 0.25, nitrite 2ppm and nitrate 20ppm and this is the amount of oxygen i was feeding them to help them cope and removing daily 6 buckets and replacing them, it will help strengthen your fish to cope the more oxygen they have.

This video is from when it was cycling they have an air brick, oxygen pumping in from the right off the main pump and it coming through on the left from the top filter system.

Thank you,
I'll try your trick with the kitchen roll. Anything for a more accurate reading. I have an airsrone in my tank also, and performing 20% daily water changes. Thanks for the video ill have a look at it there now.
Meanwhile here is a pic of my first tank.
20200418_170240.jpg

@GMazzle 83 i forgot to mention how many weeks as your tank been cycling? and neons like a ph of what you have.
Thats good to know.
I have fish in there about 5 weeks now.
Its starting to even out now I think.
Just waiting for the ammonia to drop that lil bit so it can finish totally.
Cheers.
G

Thats good to know.
I have fish in there about 5 weeks now.
Its starting to even out now I think.
Just waiting for the ammonia to drop that lil bit so it can finish totally.
Cheers.
G
G sorry i'm late replying your tank looks lovely and designed nice :wub:

Hows your readings now as it sounds like your tanks on it's way to finishing it's cycle.

G sorry i'm late replying your tank looks lovely and designed nice :wub:

Hows your readings now as it sounds like your tanks on it's way to finishing it's cycle.
No prob at all @Tez_20 and thanks for that.
I haven't done a test in the last few days but keeping upwith water changes. Going to perform a test tonight before a water change to see how things look.
I'll let you know after :)
Cheers
G.

Most reactions

Back