Fertile Cory Eggs!

Yep they're in the big fishy world now :)

Do you think Eagles? They're about 2cm at 5 weeks old. They're all fat and full of microworms in the photos. They didn't hesitate to stuff their faces as soon as they were out.
I've seen 3 together today. They were hanging out in the same cave as the adults so they seem to have found the shoal. Problem is, said cave is in the one corner of the tank that's really difficult to see :/ typical.

When I first saw mine in my main tank... they were about 1 cm, so yeah, comparatively speaking... huge.

Congrats on their move to the big boys tank! You must be proud 
wink.png

Lucky,my bronze corys layed eggs a year or so ago and they got fungus and never hatched. They haven't layed eggs since. I would sure like them too. Water and temperature changes haven't worked. I guess I will have to wait.

next time they lay Matt add a tiny amount of meth blue to the container that the eggs are in and add an air stone. If any eggs turn furry remove them if you can. It's usually infertile eggs that go bad but one infertile egg can turn the rest furry if they are touching it.

By adding the meth blue it keeps fungus under control but you will need to reduce it over the 4 or 5 days it takes for the eggs to hatch so that by the time they hatch there is little or no meth blue in their water

Follow this thread and there's a link to an article about how to raise cory fry written by Ian Fuller.

Yeah I'm really pleased. I've only seen 2 together since I let them go but there are lots of hiding places and plenty of food so hopefully they're just hiding. I still don't trust the clown plec.

Matt look at that link. I followed those instructions and it worked for me.

I managed to spot 4 babies yesterday (I think) they're not living in a very convenient part of the tank for me to count them. But they were soon about after I put some microworms in.

Photo from yesterday.

image.jpeg

aww ... looking good!

I've spotted a small panda baby living in my main tank! It's slightly bigger than the 3 that I grew on myself from eggs so is possibly older but somehow it's managed to find enough shelter and food to get to around 2cm without being tetra food or angelfish food! It does make you wonder why we have both done all that we have for out babies! 

Aww wow. The main problem with leaving them in the tank is that the eggs get eaten I think. If the fish don't find the eggs in my tank then the snails do. Your panda managed to hide that one well :)

I suspect it was hidden in either the java fern or near to my plec's hovel. The baby appears to be hiding with my plec and it's not the first time he's had a baby hiding in with him

Update. There are definitely 5 babies still in there. They were all together at feeding time on Saturday night. Whether or not number 6 is still there I don't know. Up until the other night I'd only seen 3 so who knows! None of the 5 were the the little one with the flat head though. I wouldn't be surprised if that one hasn't made it but you never know.

Some photos:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

aww little and large with that last photo! That's so cute 
wub.png

Most reactions

Back