Female Guppy or What?

And they look exactly like my guppy fry :rofl:

Seriously, THEY DO.

Livebearer fry look very similar. I've had guppy fry with blacker tails, while most have just almost translucent bodies.

I had a batch of guppy fry on Sunday and these are twice the size and are a different shape and color.

Platty or sword tail, the fry look JUST like the fry in my 10 gallon right now and those are sword fry. Body just is too deep/tall to match to any of my guppy gals. :)

ALASKA

haha yea... looks like a swordtail... could be a hybrid tho... some swordtail some platy... who knows... now u got some cool babies.... keep us posted on these little unknown terrors lol

:fish:

I must of taken 50 pics. She did want to have her picture taken right after giving birth.
I don't blame her neither did I. :*)

Any way this is the best I could do. I will try again tomorrow after my batteries recharge.

She has a reddish line right down the center of her body (horizontal)

Attachments

• chub.jpg
    chub.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 48
Most of her fry seem to be yellow with red bellies. (Big fat bellies)

Some are darker, but most are not.

I can tell by looking which are my guppy and which are this batch of fry without even thinking. Even my four year old can tell the difference between the two.

I told him to name them all. He gave up after about 10. :rofl:

Attachments

• fry.jpg
    fry.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 50
I was sold a varitus (platy-swordtail cross) as a guppy. They're smaller than platies or swordtails, but look different than guppies. Yours could be a varitus, the LFS routinely mix theirs up here...

I am wondering if that is what she is then. Because the fish store lady told me it came in with her guppy order. It will be fun to see what the fry look like. They are a variety already.

the red belly is their yolk sac... that will go away in a few days ...

yea thats odd... looks kinda like platy or sword.. who knows :(

Most reactions

Back