Feather Duster Excreting Hundreds Of...

jpressly

Reaction score
I am puzzled by the latest actions of my feather duster. This evening I noticed about 200-300 little black specs dotting the sand in my tank. These appeared in a matter of 2 hours (they were not there during my feeding earlier in the evening). After watching the tank for about 5 minutes, I noticed one of these specs appear out of the feather duster. A minute later, another... and then another.

At first, I thought it may be excrement from the duster. But that many? Then I thought it may be trying to reproduce. Possibly?

Does anyone have any insight? I will try to include a picture to see if it helps with the diagnosis.

Thanks!

Wierd. Never heard of feather duster spawning, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen :D

Well I have developed tons of little feather dusters over my tank over the last 3-4 months spreading out from a central location and haven't seen this so called spawning.... so as to if this is actually spawning... im not sure.....

Ox :good:

This is your feather duster trying to spawn. I don't believe that large dusters, such as the hawaiian dusters will reproduce in captivity.

However, I have noticed that mine will excrete what almost looks like whiteish smoke that comes out of the center of the duster. I also believe that this is some type of reproduction action.

When they do excrement things it usually means that they are healthy.

Most reactions

Back