Favourite funny things thread

AdoraBelle Dearheart

Nutty fish nutter
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Alternate title: The thread where you add anything you find funny! Talk about your favourite funny comedy films, TV shows, clips, novels, quotes - anything you find amusing and would like to share or recommend to other forum members, and people can visit when they want a quick pick me up. :)
Just has to be forum appropriate, but doesn't have to be forum related.

ETA: Some ground rules;
*The usual forum rules still apply
*Thread is meant to be light-hearted and fun. If you feel a post breaks forum rules or is inappropriate in some way, please make use of the report button for mods to make the decision, rather than derail the thread into arguments. Comedy is subjective, but just think about whether what you plan to post might cause friction - ask a mod if you're unsure before posting - but I trust that members will be sensible and responsible about what can work here, and what may be over the line for this venue. We're mostly adults or close to it, I'm sure we can manage a jokey thread... ;)

I'm gonna kick us off with this one, one of many brilliant moments from QI, British comedy panel show:

ETA: For fish-related, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish. Any book by this author!

Last edited:
I love darker comedies which definitely aren't forum-safe for posting🫣. My favorite show way back when was Mock the Week in the early seasons especially with Hugh Dennis and Frankie Boyle. No line could ever hold back Frankie. Since then Kill Tony has been a go-to for me. One of the most recent eps involving Shane Gillis as Donald Trump and Adam Ray as Joe Biden was some of the funniest comedy I've seen in years. Some of my all-time favorites are The Thick of It, What We Do in the Shadows, Futurama, The Office, Little Britain, and Come fly with me. Most of these probably wouldn't be aired if released today 😄.

I can't help myself. I am 76 so this one is especially funny for me. So this too is pretty funny.

What is something that, the more you remove some, the more it grows ?

I would expect a quick answer here... With all the old saying patriarchs :)

I'm not against swearing by any means, but is this an appropriate post for a "family forum"?

No swear words were used!

I'd tend to view it like a Carry On film, or even the Disney films that sneak in a subtle joke that will fly over a kids' head, but keep the adults amused too. I certainly watched plenty of Carry On films when I was a kid and laughed along with family, but not really noticing or getting a lot of the humour until I was old enough to understand and giggle.

I'd imagine most people on a forum like this are at least old enough to not be scandalised by even the hint of a naughty word. It's not jokes about adult topics, or a comedian who cusses a lot.

This might be why there haven't been threads like this, I imagine. I mentioned forum friendly because I know the rules about actually swearing etc still apply. But it's hard to share humour in any medium if it can only cover knock knock jokes and 100% PC.

Fuplie. But I'm not a mod, so hoping people will just be sensible, report if they think something crosses a line, not take the thread too seriously, while still considering whether something is still within forum rules before posting. I trust that most people would be sensible, but it's up to the mods at the end of the day.

I'd tend to view it like a Carry On film, or even the Disney films that sneak in a subtle joke that will fly over a kids' head, but keep the adults amused too. I certainly watched plenty of Carry On films when I was a kid and laughed along with family, but not really noticing or getting a lot of the humour until I was old enough to understand and giggle.
Carry-on films are on re runs constantly even though they were well before my time I find their cheeky jokes very funny. There have been many adult jokes in kid's films even ones I grew up with.
1721855190792.png

From Cars 2006

Carry-on films are on re runs constantly even though they were well before my time I find their cheeky jokes very funny. There have been many adult jokes in kid's films even ones I grew up with.
View attachment 345746
From Cars 2006
That's wild. I never noticed that before 💀

Most reactions

Back