Fast flow/waves but hard water stock ideas 127L/34G

CPDs don't. If by emerald dwarf danio you mean microdevario kubotai they love it - the more the better. Mine will even have arguments if one encroaches on another's flow ;)
Are CPD and Galaxy Rasbora the same fish? I have been thinking in a few months to turning my 58L/16G into a species only. I'm not sure 307ppm is ok for CPD but I wouldn't mind mixing RO in the small tank.

Probably not the blue longfin danio (I looked at tank size and I think a larger group is called for and look better)

What else are you planning for the tank?

Dwarf rainbow - may be too big if you want a larger group of 10+
Peacock Gudgeons may be too big if you want a large group of 10+
Threadfin. - gorgeous tails
Celebes rainbows
I love the endlers every time I see them♡

I really don't know yet but I like the idea of a community of small fish. I really like Forktail blue-eyed Rainbowfish and this could go in 127L/34G tank and build community of small fish around them. And two small Plecos (Bristlenose & false zebra).

With Hardness at 307ppm I've been going down a rabbit hole of hard water fish but nothing set really.

I really don't know yet but I like the idea of a community of small fish. I really like Forktail blue-eyed Rainbowfish and this could go in 127L/34G tank and build community of small fish around them. And two small Plecos (Bristlenose & false zebra).

With Hardness at 307ppm I've been going down a rabbit hole of hard water fish but nothing set really.
You could get rift lake cichlids :)

Do they need to be kept with fish from same region? So maybe wouldn't work with Plecos and/or Forktail?
You could keep shell dwellers actually. Not to angry, and stay relatively small.

Are CPD and Galaxy Rasbora the same fish? I have been thinking in a few months to turning my 58L/16G into a species only. I'm not sure 307ppm is ok for CPD but I wouldn't mind mixing RO in the small tank.
CPD and Galaxy Rasbora are the same thing: celestichthys margaritatus
Erythromicron danio are actually celestichthys erythromicron

As the classification suggests these are very similar fish and (according to SF) probably capable of hybridisation. In practice (and I can't remember where I read this) the fry produced in mixed tanks are one or the other. I originally bought the CPD because I have hard water. It is only since I have had them that I have switched to RO - and in the CPD tank I do add minerals so they are not in super soft water like the other tanks.

CPD and Galaxy Rasbora are the same thing: celestichthys margaritatus
Erythromicron danio are actually celestichthys erythromicron

As the classification suggests these are very similar fish and (according to SF) probably capable of hybridisation. In practice (and I can't remember where I read this) the fry produced in mixed tanks are one or the other. I originally bought the CPD because I have hard water. It is only since I have had them that I have switched to RO - and in the CPD tank I do add minerals so they are not in super soft water like the other tanks.
Oh I love this guy - celestichthys erythromicron. Must see if shop can order them for me. Definitely think this tank will be lovely with multiple small fish.

I'm partial to the blue-eyed fork tail -
pseudomugil furcatus - because I have some ♡ I was also looking at the peacock gudgeons as I read they inhabit the same native habitat. That's all I know about them, not anything else like group requirements, etc. So maybe check those out.

Endlers? but do you want live bearers?

Also, I think I read that CPDs like slow current and high oxygenation. So when I got mine I made sure there were areas if both. They are known to be shy (initially I had 7), and they were shy and slower moving...
but @seangee has a LOT more , maybe ask him to post the video he has?
And frogbit :wub:
The fork tail are not shy at all!.

One other thing, what is your water temperature, that may make a difference in your choice.?

I'm partial to the blue-eyed fork tail -
pseudomugil furcatus - because I have some ♡ I was also looking at the peacock gudgeons as I read they inhabit the same native habitat. That's all I know about them, not anything else like group requirements, etc. So maybe check those out.

Endlers? but do you want live bearers?

Also, I think I read that CPDs like slow current and high oxygenation. So when I got mine I made sure there were areas if both. They are known to be shy (initially I had 7), and they were shy and slower moving...
but @seangee has a LOT more , maybe ask him to post the video he has?
And frogbit :wub:
The fork tail are not shy at all!.

One other thing, what is your water temperature, that may make a difference in your choice.?
I might set up a CPD only 16G/58L tank after this. I think lots of Forktails would be lovely - the Endlers I will only do as male only. Tank temp is currently 25 degrees but it's empty of fish :rofl:

Most reactions

Back