F1 Firemouths

Boxer_Gaz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've heard that F1 Firemouths (presumably closer to wild caught?) are much better coloured than the standard LFS Firemouths?

Does anyone on here breed them or got any photos?

A lot of the ones I see in aquatic places don't look half as nice as some on here and I want a nice one :)

Gaz

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/381074-firemouth-fry/

Westwood has some. Not sure if they are F1 but dad is a stunner

Thanks I will be watching that post closely!

Any idea where he is from and does he get on here much?

yes F1 is a tank bred fish thats from wild parents. most lfs fish are in cramped condition dont forget so will colour up when settled in your tank.

if you are anywhere near Leicester then i have a stunning male firemouth for sale at the minute. :hey:

How old is he and how much do you want for him?

I'm close to Leicester but tank is only a few weeks into cycle and just got a few Guppys in at the moment.

Don't wanna put any really decent fish in yet incase I lose them.

Thanks

Gaz

How old is he and how much do you want for him?

I'm close to Leicester but tank is only a few weeks into cycle and just got a few Guppys in at the moment.

Don't wanna put any really decent fish in yet incase I lose them.

Thanks

Gaz
hes currently for sale at £10 on here and AC. hes about 3.5-4 inch so still quite young. he eats anything and everything offered to him and is very healthy.

im only selling him as im turning the tank into an angel/tetra tank and he wont fit in with my plans. otherwise i would 100% keep him.

i can give you some cycled media if you want it too? what size tank do you have?

He sounds awesome.

I used media from my dads pond filter to help speed things up and it seems to have worked.

I've had the Guppys and an RTB shark in there for a week now and all is well so far so fingers crossed its settled down.

Just to add - I don't intend to keep the F/ M with the Guppys.

Gaz

The tank is 3 foot by the way.

well if you want him hes here. i need him gone so i can fill my tank with young cardinal tetras. hes looking a bit sad without his cichlid friends :sad:

let me know what ya wanna do :good:

http://www.fishforum...-firemouth-fry/

Westwood has some. Not sure if they are F1 but dad is a stunner

yes he is an F1 as was from my stock and his colouration is very intence

sorry quoted wrong bit corrected now

Which one are you on about Peter? The one off Mattlee?

Hi all:

I'm a newbie, and this thread was the one that has drawn me to the forum anyway..

** Does anyone have any F1, F2 or F3 firemouths, somewhere near Cardiff **

I'm happy to drive a reasonable way to collect, up to an hour and half I guess

Thanks a lot

Giles

Most reactions

Back