Emergency, fish dying.

How old are the fish in question?
I have had these fish for I would say 3 months. Pehaps they are around 6 months in total. I got a group of 11 all but the ones who died doubled in size. The ones who have died and these 3 havent grown at all.

I have had these fish for I would say 3 months. Pehaps they are around 6 months in total. I got a group of 11 all but the ones who died doubled in size. The ones who have died and these 3 havent grown at all.
do they All Eat Well (Trying To diagnose )

It could be stress... no way to really know without a picture.

You have some very interesting aquarium problems... :sad:

You have some very interesting aquarium problems... :sad:
Very frustrating. I think disease would kill faster and more widespread. Could he stress but from what... it’s always the smaller and presumably weakest fish in the tank.

Very frustrating. I think disease would kill faster and more widespread. Could he stress but from what... it’s always the smaller and presumably weakest fish in the tank.
Speaking of small/weak... have you noticed and bullying or fin nipping? What food do you feed them? (Brand name)

Pictures and video of the sick fish?

If fish stop eating, lose weight and gasp at the surface, it's normally caused by an internal bacterial or protozoan infection. Metronidazole would be the medication to try but you won't get that in the UK. You are probably best to euthanise them and hope the remaining fish don't develop it.

Speaking of small/weak... have you noticed and bullying or fin nipping? What food do you feed them? (Brand name)
No bullying or nipping. All seem very peaceful and everyone gets along. Food is nt labs tropical probiotic granule.
@Colin_T got an image, bare in mind it was bigger than this
5466B4C9-36C8-4BAA-A9B5-177B3C1D3E3F.jpeg

Pictures and video of the sick fish?

If fish stop eating, lose weight and gasp at the surface, it's normally caused by an internal bacterial or protozoan infection. Metronidazole would be the medication to try but you won't get that in the UK. You are probably best to euthanise them and hope the remaining fish don't develop it.
I have just dosed interpet anti bacteria medication since last week. This including the salt and 30degrees. No effect.

What is all of that debris on the bottom? Is he in a container?

Most reactions

Back