Eheimfilter.com - The Hobbyists' Source

Digital

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

A few friends of mine decided to come up with a new blog @ www.eheimfilter.com I'm sure some have seen it in my sig. Take a second to check out our site. We ARE looking for some writers for the blog who can touch on filtration, plants, aquascaping and so on. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

Comments are always welcomed!

Thanks guys!

have you got Eheims permission to use their name?

For a blog promoting their product? No, maybe I should write to them though.

i don't know where it stands with Blogs, but if it was a domain name they may have something to say, even though you're promoting there stuff, you may not be promoting it in a way they see fit. I do know people from Ehiem, Fluval, Juwel ect ect read this forum from time to time, to check out whats going on. I'm sure someone will come along and advise about it. I think is a good idea BTW and looks professional.

Thanks for the heads up, and the compliments on the blog. I'm sure if they saw what we were doing they'd approve.

Thanks for the heads up, and the compliments on the blog. I'm sure if they saw what we were doing they'd approve.

Eh, you really need to get permission, whether it's good or bad, you are using their name. Furthermore, you're kind of promoting your website here, which is a violation of the rules here. Now, I'm not a huge rule person, but other mods are, so I'd keep this under wraps for now. Or, work to get special permission from either William or Tolak like other sites have done in the past.

Just my two cents.

llj

As stated, the bigger issue for you is the Eheim name, seriously, contact them, get permission. Per the rules in our Computer Zone section; http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/129227-plugging-your-website/

"No promotion or linking to other fish forums or sites containing fish forums. This is a long standing rule and nothing has changed."

There is a plug on your site for a planted forum, we do have an active planted section here at TFF, the plugged forum is a competitor. This is the bigger issue for us at TFF, as this site is an asset for the owner, and we are entrusted to maintain the value of that asset.

This being the case, please edit your sig and contact William, the site owner concerning this.

As stated, the bigger issue for you is the Eheim name, seriously, contact them, get permission. Per the rules in our Computer Zone section; http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/129227-plugging-your-website/

"No promotion or linking to other fish forums or sites containing fish forums. This is a long standing rule and nothing has changed."

There is a plug on your site for a planted forum, we do have an active planted section here at TFF, the plugged forum is a competitor. This is the bigger issue for us at TFF, as this site is an asset for the owner, and we are entrusted to maintain the value of that asset.

This being the case, please edit your sig and contact William, the site owner concerning this.

SEEEEE. Now, I'm in trouble. :-(

Most reactions

Back