eheim 2329

the caretaker

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have the chance to buy a eheim 2329 for £175.00 is this a good price? it also comes with all the media.
I guess this is one for all the uk residents any advice would be great thanks.

Retail on this filter is close on to £300, so I would say that is a pretty good deal. The only thing I would say is that I have one of the 2229's (same filter just without the heater) and they are quite noisy compared to standard Eheims, and useless at mechanical filtration!! If you are going to get it, make sure you have another filter in place for mechanical duties, and that it isn't in your bedroom!!
One other thing is that because the filter is constantly emptying and filling, and has a capacity of 2g it constantly alters the level of the tank, so make sure your tank is big enough for this not to matter!

thanks for that rvm I think I am going to have to look into this a bit more carefully there are so many variations of this filter even with the same code 2329! it's a lot of money even though it does sound cheaper than some I have seen some of them come with a heater attached some of them don't but they are both the "2329" :S :S

The only Eheim filter with the code 2329 is the Wet/Dry Thermo filter. which like I said, is an outstanding filter as long as you can put up with the shortcomings mentioned above!!

I have been told by a fish expert that i know that such a powerful filter on a 75 gallon tank would be overkill!
So I am looking for a good one for that size. any suggestions?

Brand new, with media, you can get it for £209.99 here

I deliberated for ages about one of these, even watching a secondhand one on Ebay (it eventually sold for £80 including media + postage) but I decided against. Apart from the noise, the overriding factor was that the maximum distance between filter bottom to water level is 1.2 metres. My tank is 48cm high, and the cabinet it stands on is 78cm, a total of 1.26 ... that .06 might have made a difference, in fact I am sure it would have after I had paid out all that money (my kind of luck! :crazy: )

I finally decided on the Professional II 2028, which circulates 750 litres an hour (the 2329 circulates 550 litres) but more quietly, at less cost, and with less regard to distance from tank. (here but no media included in this price. Media costs about another £40)

the caretaker said:
I have been told by a fish expert that i know that such a powerful filter on a 75 gallon tank would be overkill!
So I am looking for a good one for that size. any suggestions?
The Eheims come with tap connectors on the hosing, you can always close the taps off slightly on the intake to reduce the flow :) The one I am intending to buy is overkill for my current tank, but I intend to more than double the size of the tank in the next year, so am future proofing myself :D

I just installed my ehiem wet/dry yesterday n it is pretty noisy. if u have a hob filter take a airstone n put it under the intake n that should give u a very good idea of wat the wet/dry sounds like. I like the fitler n all but its in my room n all taht noisy isnt appreciated but i dont think i will get ride of it. I am overkilling my filteration but there is never enough filteration. I have a 2227 for my 72 n i have a AC 500 along with a hydro V sponge.

At present I have a Fluval 303 and it's quiet as a mouse but it's 15 years old now and I think it's really struggling to do the job. Are all Eheims noisy?

My experience of Eheims is that they are very quiet, the reason the breathing filters are noisy (2227, 2229, 2327, 2329) is due to the constant emptying and refilling. I currently have an Eheim 2213 which I cannot hear running. I am upgrading to the Eheim 2028 because the 2213 is not big enough for the tank it is now on. HTH!

Most reactions

Back