Eheim 2213

Haych

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
just bought a tank with an eheim 2213, and its gotta be the noisiest contraption in the world, now i know eheims are usually quiet, can this be resolved, or am i destined to spend more money on ANOTHER filter, the reason i actually went for this tank (as well as liking it obviously) was the added bonus of not having to buy an external

can anyone shed any light on the situation?

thanks in advance

just bought a tank with an eheim 2213, and its gotta be the noisiest contraption in the world, now i know eheims are usually quiet, can this be resolved, or am i destined to spend more money on ANOTHER filter, the reason i actually went for this tank (as well as liking it obviously) was the added bonus of not having to buy an external

can anyone shed any light on the situation?

thanks in advance

Congrats on the new purchase:)

The sound your hearing, could it be possibly the impeller? or is it gurgling (water sound)? please specify the sound, if its the impeller you could replace it for around 10-15 us dollars. If its the water gurgling/guzzling sound, you could try replacing the o-ring. This sound (the water sound) can be caused by a pressure leak. I found a replacement o-ring for 9.99 us dollars online. If you type in "eheim 2213 parts" in google and select the shopping results you will find the parts there. GOOD LUCK!

Whenever my 2234 plays up - its nearly always trapped air.... a few shakes usually sorts it ! (maybe the inlet is drawing in air ?) or its being operated "handle down" ?

Whenever my 2234 plays up - its nearly always trapped air.... a few shakes usually sorts it ! (maybe the inlet is drawing in air ?) or its being operated "handle down" ?

that one i will have to check when the other half wakes, he deals with all "mechanical" issues for me

will update later on!

Most reactions

Back