Eggs In Nest?!?!

englishbettas

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi,
i was looking at my couples bubble nest just now and thought something looked different, i didn't think that they had bred yet has they didn't seem to have and it looked like the female still had eggs in her. the only difference was in their behavior as the male kept chasing her away. i didn't think much of this but i should have as i now have a bubble nest with eggs in. i have removed the female now and the male is happy tending his eggs and thank fully my micro worm culture is up and running. :good: . one bad thing though is that i think she may have eaten a lot of the eggs when the male wasn't looking as my mum said to me the other day that she was eating the bubbles and i didn't believe her. :blush: anyway i will learn from my mistakes and i do know what to do next i just though i would let everyone know.
please no mean comments as it would spoil my mood :lol:
thanks englishbettas :rolleyes:

well done! Im in the process of trying to breed!Im glad it has worked for you and good luck with raising the fry. Good job you got your culture up and running, I just hope your prepared for allt he jars around your house. What type of bettas did you breed? Got any pics?!

Well done! :good:

so what exactly do you want pics of?? :blink: but if you say i can try to get some and yup i am kinda excited to have the jars everywhere. we are currently in the process of raising my other fry and this will be my second. i think the parents are veil tails and i know they aint very popular but i just love them and a fish shop has offered to take them off my hand in return for food, and the first time i give them some i will be so excited. the other fry are doing good and are downstairs because my mum is obsessed with watching them lol :lol:

yup lol i am excited partly because i have experience form my first lot who are 1 month old this weekend- happy birthday fry!! :fun:
i will post some pics of the parents when i get my mum to take some and i will also add ones of huge bubble nests some of my couples have made!!!!!!! thanks for the supports and i will definitely be posting my methods and ways of breeding and tips and pics of what went on. unfortunately i haven't yet been able to get a pic of the egg laying!
thanks englishbettas
also i am hopong my other two couples will be busy soon :hey:

cool dude, how many bettas have you got then? :blink:

Good to seen you have had a succesful spawn before. Is it the same pair from a month ago? Maybe we can get some pics of them fry too if possible? Good work!

James

they are not gona be hard to shift as i have pretty much sold a load to friends already and i believe i said before there is a fish shop nearby that will take them in exchange for food. also in another post i think called 'i was wrong' i mentioned that something had already gone wrong with the first fry and had a lot of losses but i have a defo 3 super healthy ones who swim around loads and eat the microworms.
plus i know it is a crucial age for them but me and mum are partnered in it so she takes care of the babies and has all day to sort things out and i take care of the breeding and adults. plus i have 3 males so i didnt want to just leave them! :lol:
oh and i have 3 males and 5 females and a around 10 fry! i love my bettas and would never do anything to purposely harm them. yes the parents are veiltails and when they are done and i have some fry i will post a new topic with all the pictures.
thanks for anyadvice and support,
englishbettas
ps. jameshughes1989, "I believe he said VT", i am a girl!! :lol:

Do you have any pics of the first lot? What size are they now?

Do you have any pics of the first lot? What size are they now?
the first lot are still quite small but they look smaller to us because of the size of the tank they are in (23L) and are approx 5mm. i don't have any pics of the first lot yet as they are hard to take as are pretty much invisible lol!
thanks englishbettas

Most reactions

Back