Eggs At Last

Gazo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, its been a quiet winter and finally my 14 Peppered Corys are at it.

Managed to switch my tanks around a bit and placed 14 eggs on their own in a 25l glass bottom tank. The next 3days cannot go quick enough!

Got myself 10 Pandas arriving on Thursday as well, so it may be a busy year for me - just need a few more nursery tanks now just in case it all goes swimmingly well.

Oh yes Cory_dad, they have good water flow and oxygenation (is that the right word?) system.

I will try and get pics up Jollysue, esp my little Pandas when they arrive!!

Well it didnt go how I anticipated and none hatched again.

Anyway its third time lucky for me now as they spawned again last night.
Eggs now in a hatchery in the same main tank this time - COME ON!!!! lol

Ooo got my microworms batch from 5teady and they are wriggling about nicely just waiting for the youngsters to hatch!!!

Are pandas hard to breed?

I just saw a bunch at the lfs and they are the cutest things.

Good luck with your eggs, we're all pulling for you.

hatch, hatch, hatch, hatch, hatch, ......

Hatch hatch hatch hatch Hatch hatch hatch hatch Hatch hatch hatch hatch

I said bloody Hatch hatch hatch hatch :lol:

I've just moved my 16 (found 2 more since original post lol) Peppered Corys to a different tank - about 2degrees less and better quality water - they haven't stopped spawning for 24hrs. The tank is right here next to my pc, so I get a full show of them all going crazy.

This is the 4th time now and I've collected the most number of eggs I've ever had. I must have some success this time!! :good:

I've just moved my 16 (found 2 more since original post lol) Peppered Corys to a different tank - about 2degrees less and better quality water - they haven't stopped spawning for 24hrs. The tank is right here next to my pc, so I get a full show of them all going crazy.

This is the 4th time now and I've collected the most number of eggs I've ever had. I must have some success this time!! :good:

ooooooo Good luck , fingers crossed :thumbs:

Pandas are not at all hard to breed, Cory_Dad. They are little rabbits once they start. But please be sure that you get good breeding stock and not farm bred or inbred. The reason that pandas are so popular a farm product (other than the "cute" factor) is that they are so easy to breed. Add a few hormones and you have fishy mill extrordinaire! Pandas take a little longer to mature than peppers and bronze though.

I have gotten lost Gazo. Are you breeding pandas or peppers in this thread? How are they doing? Do you have babies yet? Some find peppers a little more difficult to raise. It may have to do with water. I don't get big batches to growout. Just a slim %, but I don't work hard at it either.

Peppers lol. The Pandas are still Juvies, but getting bigger every week now!

Well I have collected over 60eggs and I reckon the 2 females easily laid double this amount - think they have stopped now.

No success so far, so I'm hoping some of these 60 will finally hatch for me.

Most reactions

Back