Dwarf Puffers

Hey Im thinking of getting some dwarf puffers. I hear they are totally freshwater fish. I am wondering if they would be okay with 5 silver dollars, 3 swordtails, and 5 aeneus corydoras? would this be ok?

know it is highly suggested, but i might as well try. hey, please answer my question. what size of snails should i feed them. and will they eat ghost shrimp???

I did answer your original question. you asked if the puffers would be ok with your other fish. No.

Why would I answer any other questions? You don't want honest answers, you just want to hear what you want to hear.

I didn't have this wonderful forum to turn to when making the decision to mix puffers in a community tank and my fish suffered horribly for it. Too bad you don't seem to want to learn from others experience and knowledge.

Mine eat ghosh shrimp brine shrimp black worms blood worms snails. i get the snails from my lfs for free! just ask them if they have any pond snails or pest snails . most lfs will be happy to get rid of there snails.

Silverdollar_03 when I first was running my aquarium, a friend of moine brought over some of his cichlids, because he was going away for a couple month. they didn't mix well with the fish i had in there (a couple tetras), so we put up a divider, and everything was peachfull untill he came back and took the fish back. What im tring to get at is that you can split your aquarium up (its like 2 aquariums in 1) . I don't know if that would work with a Dwarf puffer fish, but it could save you the money of buying another aquarium.

I think its doable if the SD's are of a good size. but the Sword tails would probably need a new home, at least the males anyways. Corys are armoured catfish if I'm not mistaken and as such will have very rought tails/fins. My otos are the only fish in my tank that the DP can catch regularly now adays (well Oto the others died recently in a filter failure). I see a Rainbow shark added to your siggy and I'd like to let you know that that fsh will work with puffers for the same reason gobies work. It can hold its own If it is attacked it will fight back just like BBG's and Mollies. A fully grown DP only takes 2-3 1/4th inch bites of fin every day to stay full (unlike a juvenile puffer of a different species would) and I'm quite sure that a blood parot or similarly sized fish wouldnt be chewed down to nothing unless the puffer was absolutely starveing and had Been mislabled and acctually a Juvenile GSP.

Most reactions

Back