Drums moved... another fish tank?

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So I had to move my Pearl Export Series drum kit from my room (upstairs) to a concrete room (downstairs), due to the vibrations through the house. Now my room has a huge corner cleaned up... enough for a 75g+ tank. :hey: Havjt asked parents yet, but who knows? I’ve been saving the money I earn from my work for a while.
image.jpg

(Pictures in room coming tomorrow)

Yeah I think that a...drums upstairs would be a bit loud for the house downstairs. I picked up a new Aqueon 75 gallon tank during Petsmart's dollar per gallon sale at half the regular price.

PK..you would need to budget for the tank, the stand, a lid, lights, 2 heaters, high capacity filter(s), aeration, and of course a good amount for fish. That could all add up to a fairly large sum. And of course that is IF you can get past parental approval. And there is also increased electricity and water costs that your parents may not be too happy about.

Not trying to discourage you, but just stating the facts and cost of a larger tank.

Perhaps save the money for other expenses life may bring, seeing you are young. Nothing wrong with building up a nice nest egg.

Last edited:
PK..you would need to budget for the tank, the stand, a lid, lights, 2 heaters, high capacity filter(s), aeration, and of course a good amount for fish. That could all add up to a fairly large sum. And of course that is IF you can get past parental approval. And there is also increased electricity and water costs that your parents may not be too happy about.

Not trying to discourage you, but just stating the facts and cost of a larger tank.

Perhaps save the money for other expenses life may bring, seeing you are young. Nothing wrong with building up a nice nest egg.
I do have a savings acount, that I put 50% (after tithe) into. I know it would be expensive, but I would love to do a big SW tank.

Yeah I think that a...drums upstairs would be a bit loud for the house downstairs. I picked up a new Aqueon 75 gallon tank during Petsmart's dollar per gallon sale at half the regular price.
The problem with that, is that it doesn’t have a stand, hood, or sump.

——

There is a 75g and a 55g tank, with stand, hood, and fully working sump for $500 at my LFS. (Separate)

So, Er, it’s a big PHAT NO on the tank.

Got it all moved and my mom comes to my room and says, “Wow! That look empty. What are you going to do with all that space?” And before I could answer she said, “And you, you aren’t getting another fish tank”. And my dad walked by and “agreed”. So, yeah... :(

I think I’m going to spend some of my money on a high quality airsoft rifle, to sharpened my shooting skills.

So, Er, it’s a big PHAT NO on the tank.

Got it all moved and my mom comes to my room and says, “Wow! That look empty. What are you going to do with all that space?” And before I could answer she said, “And you, you aren’t getting another fish tank”. And my dad walked by and “agreed”. So, yeah... :(

I think I’m going to spend some of my money on a high quality airsoft rifle, to sharpened my shooting skills.
Awww that stinks! What if you go make eyes at your mom and tell her you want to set up a special tank with special fish FOR HER? Show her some really beautiful fish online and see if she has any favorites to get her interested? Just a thought... coming from a mom. It might work on me. But then again I love aquariums.

Awww that stinks! What if you go make eyes at your mom and tell her you want to set up a special tank with special fish FOR HER? Show her some really beautiful fish online and see if she has any favorites to get her interested? Just a thought... coming from a mom. It might work on me. But then again I love aquariums.
Ha, that’s not my mom. Darn. :/

It’s ok, now I have money to get new equipment for my 29g. :good:

yeh...max out your other tanks and save your money.

If you’re interested in saltwater, why don’t you try acclimating mollies to saltwater first?

It’s a great experience for you to try and get the salinity correct.

You’re talking about an additional 600 pounds of water on a 2nd floor? That’s not including stand, substrate other equipment. I wouldn’t recommend it anyway. :)

Happy day...so how did that bit of conversation so? Did you look meaningfully at your parents and say with a penetrating stare..."So...if you won't let me put in a fish tank, maaaayyybe I'll go buy a new rifle."

Most reactions

Back