dragon(king kong ) puffer

lukenat

Reaction score
does any one know the size ,price,food, and tankmates for this wonderful fish pls help

They get about 10 inches. You can buy them at Aquariumfish.net for $69.99. I'd feed them shrimp pellets or krill or beefheart. They do get quite big so, put them in at least, and I mean a MINIMUM of 40 gallons. :nod:

StingrayKid said:
They get about 10 inches. You can buy them at Aquariumfish.net for $69.99. I'd feed them shrimp pellets or krill or beefheart. They do get quite big so, put them in at least, and I mean a MINIMUM of 40 gallons. :nod:
AQUARIUMFISH.NET IS THE BEST SITE 4 BUYIN FISH!

dont know if this will help but i got my last puffer and it was called a dragon puffer in the shop.

could not find anything out about it until cfc and ryan came on and told me they were sometimes called hunchback puffers as well

there you go that was mine hope this helps you out mine was about 4" long and very fat
they are predator puffers and very nasty mine was by himself as would attack anything, would of being right in the fact that now he is dead :rip:
:p
mine eat shrimps and whitebait

I bought one of these cute little chaps today. (Tetraodon palembangensis) He was listed as a Dragon Puffer.

He came from an independant LFS here in Ipswich and cost me £15 (about $25).

He's about three inches long, but can grow to eight inches.

He's an ambush hunter, staying imobile in the plants for hours waiting for something edible to swim by.

He's already taken live bloodworm and I'm confident that he'll take cockles and such as well, once he's settled.

Here's a couple of piccies.
dragon.jpg

dragon2.jpg

StingrayKid said:
I'm not sure if you listed him in your tanks above, but what size tank do you have him in? :D
He's in a 63 litre (17US gallons) at the moment with a larger home planned within the next six months. (most likely around 150L-40 US Gallons)

I think 150L will be fine for this guy, as this species is very inactive, prefering to lurk in the plants pretending to be a dead leaf.

But if he needs a bigger home.. he'll get it!

stingraykid, out of curiosity, how many paradise fish do you have in your 10 gallon?

I wouldn't recommend getting another one. Paradise Fish fight like bettas, if you have more than one in a small tank, there will be trouble and one will end up killing the other.

The other one was a female. She was pregnant and died of unknown causes to me... :-( So, I'm not sure if only males fight.

Most reactions

Back