FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Mango Pleco

Ingredients:

1 or more plecos, gutted and sliced along the belly towards the end of the tail.

1 ripe mango

Salt

Pepper

Place the fish on a piece of aluminum foil. Shred the mango and stuff the interior of the fish with the fruit. Drizzle the mango juice all over the fish. Salt and pepper to taste. Wrap and seal the aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F until fully cooked. Time will vary depending on the size of the fish. Check it after 25 minutes and then see if it needs to cook longer.

No lie an actual recipe for pleco !! Apparently when it’s invasive just eat it !!
New meaning to fish fridays

Erm.......this is the only Mango Pleco I have ever heard of....and its very much alive and kicking

I couldn't eat one....oh no.....no, no no, no....

Erm.......this is the only Mango Pleco I have ever heard of....and its very much alive and kicking

I couldn't eat one....oh no.....no, no no, no....

I’d try it , wouldn’t cook it but I’d eat it apparently off the article it’s really tasty fish

I could never eat one....I spose if you're "adventurous" where food is concerned then fine, but not for me...nope

I could never eat one....I spose if you're "adventurous" where food is concerned then fine, but not for me...nope
I only read the article because I was like no how do you eat it n apparently the people who eat it , eat predominantly fish so all the commonly consumed fish and say pleco is one of the best and they are protecting natural environments as they invasive ,
But I’m not keen on mango I’d want lemon or lime pleco

Plecos are hideous to look at but to EAT them ......🥴 no ta

Plecos are unique and beautiful, though I never see mine. The only difference between a pleco and salmon is that we expect to eat the salmon we don't expect to eat a pleco. I would cook and eat the plecos if they were common and easy to catch, though I expect the salmon would taste better. Perhaps if the pleco's were processed like sardines or anchovies.

I hear this is becoming a thing in Florida and Texas, where feral plecos are becoming a huge environmental problem. It's hard to believe anything that ugly could taste good, until I remember that I love lobster... :lol:

Most reactions

Back