Don't feed newly hatch Cory fry?

Heather7465

Reaction score
Yesterday, four Corydoras hatched! I read to hold off on feeding for 2 days is this correct? They'll survive by eating their yolk sac. Once they are ready for food which is a better fry food to start feeding them Hikari First bites or Aquarium Co op Easy Fry? Also, I cannot find online how many times a day I feed them?
Also, I used a turkey baster to clean debris from fry box. Curiosity I looked at water/debris under a microscope & saw a live Cyclops erratically swimming?! I do not feed my fish live food, so don't know how it got there. Do these harm fry???

Attachments

• 20210705_103438.jpg
    20210705_103438.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 79
Yesterday, four Corydoras hatched! I read to hold off on feeding for 2 days is this correct? They'll survive by eating their yolk sac. Once they are ready for food which is a better fry food to start feeding them Hikari First bites or Aquarium Co op Easy Fry? Also, I cannot find online how many times a day I feed them?
Also, I used a turkey baster to clean debris from fry box. Curiosity I looked at water/debris under a microscope & saw a live Cyclops erratically swimming?! I do not feed my fish live food, so don't know how it got there. Do these harm fry???
pretty sure cyclops are just cute little cleaner guys.
they won't harm the babies.
but probably came with a plant or something

pretty sure cyclops are just cute little cleaner guys.
they won't harm the babies.
but probably came with a plant or something
Ok good👍 Yes you're probably right it had to have been on one of my plants. I rinse, clean, & soak my plants so I guess the little cyclops critter clinged on

Ok good👍 Yes you're probably right it had to have been on one of my plants. I rinse, clean, & soak my plants so I guess the little cyclops critter clinged on
yep
1625521066941.png
little shrimpy guys
this one has eggs
source : wikipedia

I start feeding on the 2nd or 3rd day if any yolk sack is visable on the 2nd day i will leave to the 3rd day.
I start feeding freshly hatched BBS & fine crushed flake & feed 4 times a day.

I start feeding on the 2nd or 3rd day if any yolk sack is visable on the 2nd day i will leave to the 3rd day.
I start feeding freshly hatched BBS & fine crushed flake & feed 4 times a day.
Feed them 4x's a day. OK thank you! I'll have to look online what the yolk sac looks like, because they are so small what am I looking for? Is this sac attached to them or is it inside the egg they hatched out of?

Yes Sgoosh! The one I saw under our microscope had two things on either side of its body. Then I must have seen a female.
if you think the little shrimp is bugging you maybe feed less/clean the dirtystuff

Most reactions

Back