Does The Bristle Nose Like To Have Buddies?

abgeezer

Reaction score
Good day

I have searched the net and have not been able to find out very much good info on my bristle nose.

I just want to know if they are very sociable and if I should get him a buddy.
Are they into any buddy or does it have to be the opposite sex?

Thanks much for your time and thoughts

Info, 30gal, 15 tetras, 12 white cloud, 2 loachs, 1 pleco.

I would get a female. Males are territorial, a 30 gallon probably doesn't have the footprint to give enough territory for two males.

My female is all alone in a 37 gallon glass aquarium and she seems very happy and healthy. I also have 8 Oto's and 2 CAEs. They seem to school with their own. She does like the driftwood more than the others, just make sure there is some hiding space.

Thank you very much everyone for your thoughts. I was really just hoping that with another one there might be a bit more interaction and possibly be able to see them without having to hunt in all the dark corners!

I will keep my eyes out for a female, but it is nice to know that I am not depriving him of some company

Thanks to all for all info and links

i have two males in a 215L tank with two other plecs they all get on fine

when i bought them i had thought i had a pair but a year later they both huge males (one didnt have many bristles so thought was a female) but they get along great and when i get up to go work at 4.30am they both usually somewhere on the glass

you could always get the book about bristlenoses

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/2...ds=bristlenoses

yes i have a pair of them. they are very happy together and get on well with all of the other fish no probs. they love wood and dark hiding places so yes do make sure you have plenty. mine are mostly active in the evening and this is the best time to feed them.

Most reactions

Back