Does Nutrafin Cycle Work?

fishboy123

Reaction score
Hello.
Setting up a 20 gallon tropical tank. gonna put some starter fish in first. (hardy ones) while its cycling. Bought Nutrafin Cycle. Does it work? Can you seriously put fish in instantly?

Nope, and I would reccomend a fishLESS cycle in stead of a fish IN cycle because a fish in cycle is a lot of work, IME. You're better off doing a Fishless cycle

IMO anyone who decides to do a fish in cycle before they even get fish is a downright cruel #$%^^%.
Not saying you will do that though, I know you''ll do the right thing.
Oh and I dont think it works, just a load of crap.

I know. Thats what i am going to do. Do snails or plants help speed up the cycle? I am going to use Nutrafin Cycle tho. Im sure it will help at least.

Thanks for you help :) Any more suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated :)

A proper cycle is the only real safe option.

Impatience at this stage will almost certainly result in losses of fish.

I hope you choose to do the right thing!

I Will. Dont think im impatient as I will not do anything wrong. :)

I tried nutrafin cycle before i knew better and it didn't work. I am currently experiementing with a product that some of my fishkeeping friends swear by (and they have been keeping fish for many many years) I am trying it via fishless cycle though.

I tried nutrafin cycle before i knew better and it didn't work. I am currently experiementing with a product that some of my fishkeeping friends swear by (and they have been keeping fish for many many years) I am trying it via fishless cycle though.

I believe your project will work and also im glad your doing it right!

No, nutrafin cycle doesn't do anything during a fishless or fish in cycle. You may as well drop a fiver into the tank instead of adding that.

The only thing that I've heard of working was tetra safe start but only like once or twice. I've heard more stories of it not helping than of it actually doing anything

Thanks everybody! You guys are a huge help!! I will let you know for sure!

Most reactions

Back