Does My Plan Sound Ok

I used Salifert until recently when i spoke to a scientist who works on testing all different kits and develops them himself. He said Salifert are #105###e basically and half the tests don't work. He wasn't trying to sell any other product to me so i see no reason for him to lie.

I suspect he would say that if he is using lab grade tests, but we as hobbyists need the best kit for a decent price, imo that's salifert. However am hearing good things about the redsea test kits and I know the D & D kits have a good rep as well, but again it comes down to price :blink: and ease of use. I think his comment 'half the tests don't work' is a little strange!

Well i'm no scientist so cannot prove or disprove his claim but he said there are better kits out there for a similar price.

I used Salifert until recently when i spoke to a scientist who works on testing all different kits and develops them himself. He said Salifert are not worth the extra money and are poor tests basically and half of them don't work. He wasn't trying to sell any other product to me so i see no reason for him to lie.

I don't suppose he could shed some light on what this "amine interference" thing is that Salifert's advertisements are on about for nitrate kits? That's been the thing that has bugged me the most about them, because there is no reaction explanation given in Salifert's documentation and I can't find the term on anything else relevant that isn't part of an advertisement.

fella for the sun coral it will need a bit more care than the odd feed.

it will want decent flow to stop crud and algae build up, they will open in light if food is around so they dont need to be in the dark, place somehwere that it is easy to feed rather then in a dark hole.

once you get one if you need any hekp just ask.

O so I don't need to put them in a cave can they just lay on the sand.

Yep or glue them to a rock :)
It's much better to have it easily fed then in the dark

Most reactions

Back