Does any body still have their first fish?

Paradise_Gourami

Fishaholic
Reaction score
The first fish i ever had (2 pleco and 2 black skirt tetras) I got about 3 years ago and I still have them! does any body else have there first fish?

no i don't hav my first fish (lost to beginners mistakes)
but i still have my 4th fish, its a leopard danio it started of in a 2gal coldwater and now its in my 39gal community ive had ti for about a year and a half now.

I got my first fish when I was five, and they were put out into a pond then (carnival goldfish), so nope.

Guppies (what we would call feeder guppies now, but these were very colorful) that I got from my aunt about 35-40 years ago. It would be really cool if I still had some of those fish, generation after generation, but sadly...no.

I still have two of my first fish- a red wag sword and a glass fish. However, I've only had them for 6 months. The other ones I lost during cycling and an ich outbreak. I probably would have lost the other 2 as well if it weren't for TFF. I still have my first 2 male Bettas as well but I've only had them for 3 months. I hate loosing fish and will be very sad when these ones go. I hope they live until they are very old and die peacefully while napping under a plant one day.

z.

Still have my first three fish. Got the three of them about 7 years ago.

Pink kissing gourami.
pink-g.jpg

Silver dollar.
c5af6281.jpg

Spotted silver dollar.
dcd367ae.jpg

Hey, scottminot:

Wow, I can't believe those fish are more than 7 years old!! Amazing!! It reminds me of that cocoon movie when everyone tried to get a sample of the pool water that made them young. What do you put in your aquarium water?? Well done!

z.

Yeah i still have my frist 5 Zebra Danios :lol: .... but i don't count cause i set my tank up a few months ago. :D

I set up my 29 gallon in April, and I still have two of the three Zebra Danios I cycled with...but that was only 8 months ago, so I'm with JDH...I don't think it counts much either. :p

Now when I was like 10, so many many years ago, the first fish I ever got was a betta named Ramses...he lived for a little over 4 years, so that was pretty good. :thumbs: :flex:

Yep I still got mine too!

I set up my tank about a year ago and i've still got, 2 bala sharks, 2 of 3 corries, 2 of 10 tetras, 1 0f 3 guppies and a 1 of 1 pleco! Not a bad track record huh!

my first fish is still with me! a red tail shark (yes i know a bad community fish) it is 4yrs old now! its quite tolerant now of the other fish. it has had to put up with lots of beginner mistakes! amazing really!

Most reactions

Back