Does any body still have that colored rock

What do you have on the bottom of youre tank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colored gravel/rock

• Total voters
I still have blue, white and black rocks, which my bf picked out. I want to switch it to sand eventually, and any tanks I get in the future will be sand.

I JUST got some colored rock from the river....I think the first time ever for me. :D

I had to vote "other", because while most of my tanks have natural gravel, I still have a couple tanks that have the colored gravel.

The thought that originally popped into my head when I read the title of this thread, was that you were asking about those colored glass rocks that they used to sell. They looked like someone had poured 2, sometimes 3, different colored glass and mixed through it to create a swirl design. Then the big main pour was broken up in to smaller "chunks". These were large decorative glass rocks, not substrate size. Pretty much standard equipment for most freshwater tnaks back in the 60s and 70s. Each piece was unique in color and swirl pattern as well as overall shape of the piece. I used to have several pieces, I have no idea what happened to them, haven't seen them in years.

Colored! For the same reason as mentioned earlier. At night in my living room with all the lights out except the tank it is the perfect night-light. Used blue as you can see. Workes well enough, though for the upcoming 55 I'm gonna try sand.

in my large community tank i have neon pink and black gravel :wub: , becouse i love pink but i didn't want it too bright. in my ten gallon i have natural gravel and large polished river rock. then my betta has blue that came with the tank. :thumbs:

Voted other... When I kept fish before (10+ yrs ago), it was with Natural rocks. I threw a FIT when my family presented me my birthday present of a 3 1/2 gal with GREEN AND PURPLE rocks... I was a strong proponent of natural, it just would not due to use anything other. I am still a strong proponent of natural, however when I got my betta 3 months ago, I went for something flashy, cuz its a small bowl, and he's a flashy fish, and I thought bright teal pebbles would look cool. They did, but despite alot of rinsing, they were shedding teal flecks, and that wouldn't do in the non filtered betta bowl! I switched to light blue clear marbles. He's a happy camper :)

For some reason I've kept my original salmon (pink x red) substrate (I know it sounds ultra fruity) in my original tank. Since then, I've chosen dark blue and then black in my next two tanks. What can I say? My taste has turned conservative. It's all about about what you think looks good at the time. There is no right or wrong. What ever makes you (and the fish) happy is what I say! :D :fish: :drink:

I voted other, I have one tank with blue gravel, 14 with natural gravel, two with sand and the rest are bare :thumbs:

I voted sand, but have 2 tanks with natural gravel also, looks good. Last year my 10gal had colored stone, but it was black, and that looked good to.
ALSO I saw someone post a pic that had hot pink gravel in a betta tank, personaly I liked that too, had it's place

this says it
SirMinion said:
Hey don't worry about it!
It's all about whatever floats your boat.

Mine have natural gravel. I've got some blue & white out in the garage, enough for a 55 gallon. Free to anyone who wants to come get it.

Tolak

Tolak said:
Mine have natural gravel. I've got some blue & white out in the garage, enough for a 55 gallon. Free to anyone who wants to come get it.

Tolak
I swear, that was the standard back years ago, I remember having blue & white in my gold fish bowl when I was a little kid :lol:

i have real lava rock gravel in my 55, its really cool, i think the fish really liek sucking on it as well :D

Most reactions

Back