Do you use tank backgrounds?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Sometimes/Not all of my Tanks

• Total voters
I don't use the commercial tank backgrounds, I use posterboard, works just as well in my opinion and is less distracting than a picture of plants or rocks.

I use a plain black background but want to paint it. What type of paint should i use e.g. Gloss or Matt Spray or brush?

I wanted a background for my tank when I first set it up. Having looked around I thought that most of them looks totally false or garish. Then I found the Juwel Rock 600. This is a Structured Background with lots of depth, looks like a rock face with ledges etc. In my opion it doesn't distract from the fish, looks 'real' and provides some cover for fry.

Can be viewed here
http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/erol.html...uwel+fish+tanks

I've got black background on my main tank. A black bin bag the 75L, Stone background on one of the 40L the other 40L has a blue background and my 20L Betta tank has a blue background, so pretty plain for me :)

I have a Blue Background. Well, It starts off blue at the top, then gets darker and its black near the bottom.
Looks really good.

You need some sort of background to cover up all the cables and hoses going into the tank. I have 4 cables and 1 hose. looks ugly if you can see all them.

Vaseline is definately the go, if your good you will have no bubbles at all. But, why did someone say that the vaseline helps the water run off? water shouldnt reach the vaseline, as its between the glass and the plastic background.

I would never paint a background, what if you change your mind?

I don't use backgrounds, never have and 99% sure I never will. They look tacky imo, but if I was to use one I'd probably just paint the back of the tank. I prefer tanks which are densly planted towards the back to hide any wall over painted fish I don't like enough to keep any day. Each to their own though I guess, and nobody should be discouraged after reading this post (or any of the others) if decorated contact, etc is their thing. That is the great thing about this hobby, the versatility and creative license it affords.

If it floats ya boat then be bold and do whatever pleases your eye :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back