Do these look fertile

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Derekshatch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
15924120464506491261683469443069.jpg

I can’t see the color that well but I’m pretty the way you can tell is by color if it’s a beige color there fertilized and if there white there not but don’t quote me let the professionals handle it

Last time I saw the female get the sperm so I was sure they were fertile but none hatched. 3 of my females are laying eggs at the same time it is chaotic.

Fish that eat cory eggs why. Also why would the eggs not be fertile if there is a male. They dont look clear or see through but some are dark yellow or brown.

Yea they are the same species just one is albino. They even all lay eggs in the same spot and at the same time. They have been laying eggs for 5 hours I have too many eggs.

Last edited:
The yellow and brown eggs are fertile. They darken up as they near hatching. But harder to say with albino cories too...

I have a female bronze that is laying right now and ya her eggs look fertile because they are easier to tell hopefully they hatch. Why is it so much harder to tell with the albinos. I have atleast 300 eggs because all 3 females are laying. Since I have that many eggs it will be very hard to seperate the ones with fungus do you have any tips. I have heard that If a egg is very fertile it will hatch even if it is near fungus eggs.

Do I change the water in the container each day that has the eggs in it and add some more ich x?

Last edited:
Its been like 12 hours can anybody tell now if they are fertile. Some are turning darker.
15924873355453470720176357704355.jpg

Use tweezers to remove ones with fungus, check a couple times a day and remove them as you see them, do not leave them in.

Cory eggs darken if fertile but turn white if infertile. But if theyre albino babies, it may be harder to see as they may not darken. So i would opt to leave them all unless they fungus, remove them at day 7 at the latest (they take 3-5 days to hatch)

Most reactions

Back