DIY plywood tank

Anyone know where you can get stuff for leak proffing the bottom and sides of a DIY tank?

I'm really struggling to find something.

Worst case senario can i use silcone sealent and make a layer of that on the bottom and sides?

go to you local tile store and the will have a product that the use behind your wet areas eg: shower bath ect its a paint type product some have fibre glass flex through it but its not a absolute must to have them i found the ones with out fibre glass though it apply better. Some come in a two part mix i used this on the first tank but the pre mix ones are better cause you dont need to worry about getting the mix all the time just paint it on. oh also this stuff can fill small holes like hair line gaps if the side didn't exactly together so there is no need for any silicone except for putting the glass on.

over here in aussie it called "liquid flash II" if you dont have this particular one i would amost put money oin it they have another one that does the same thing as the make this stuff in the USA i sure it not to hard to find you just may have to ring around.

i really inportant point though always make sure it states on the bucket "NON TOXIC"

this is real good stuff i have used it on 8 tanks now all over 75 gal and sumps with no problem

FULLSHOT.jpg

heres on that has been running for over 14 months now

Most reactions

Back