Dissapearing Fish

fifefish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i added a fat guppy to my tank yesterday..
today i look in the tank and its no where to be seen..
ive checked in plants and around bogwood but, no sign
i had this problem with my red eye tetra a few months ago but it turned up eventually..
has anyone else had this problem?

Do you have an internal filter box that the fish could have gotten into or behind?

What other fish are in the tank? Something small like a guppy, there's a good chance the body was eaten. My niece surprised me with 6 guppies as a gift last week, and three of them are already gone without a trace (She cried because she saw the first one get eaten). I've had bigger fish die and be almost entirely eaten before I notice them missing.

with tiger barbs, Danios and tetras in the tank it shouldn't be suprising that a guppy has gone missing

they dont hassle my guppies at all..
and even if they have eaten it there would be bones left..
and i have an external filter so its not there

Yeah, I've never found bones of smaller fish. They might be left, but they'd be scattered. Guppy vertebrae aren't very big.

ive found bones before of a tetra..
and it was about 2 and a bit inchs..
the biggest thing in my tank is a gourami..

Hi fifefish

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago with a zebra danio. It was in a tank with small tiger/green barbs, the next day it was nowhere to be seen.

The tank was bare bottom with no escape route. The other fish (9 barbs) were to small to eat it and the air powered filter was stripped and checked without any trace.. -_- I still haven't worked this out to date?

Only thing I can think of is it escaped whilst I briefly moved the cover now and then (feeding/arranging the tank). Although the floor/surrounding rack was checked thouroughly, no trace of the fish was found here either. Or maybe the barbs ganged up on it and ate every trace (bones n' all).... -_-

Most reactions

Back