Discus Wrigglers At Last

i reckon there is a good 25 little discus babies there,

i might show the pics to my discus to see if they get brudy... :shout:

difficult to count but theres about 45-50 fry cant get them all in pic cause they are on both sides of parents body, dad is still doing all the work, and parents are now getting alot more protective and attack me when i try to squirt brine shrimp in the tank. mine only started to breed when the ph dropped due to co2 to 6.5ph and lower, and they always seem to lay eggs just after a water change if thats any help and then its taken them 5 months to finally get it right and not eat the eggs or fry or lay their eggs in silly places like the filter intake or on the heater lol.
regards Angel

my ph is at 6.5 asell ive just trying the co2 now so maybe lol

keep the pics comin thou

sadley lost 6 babies yesterday, couldn't keep nitrite down dispite big water changes so i swapped my sponge filter that didn't seem to be copeing with the task for a external that i had running on another tank and things are much better no nitrite now and no more fry loss
update on fry day 9 free swimming
afhday9fs035.jpg

regards Angel

Sorry to hear that. But almost never you can raise all the frys without losing some. In a way, some weak one is culled just like in the Nature. And you have stronger one left.
And boy did they grew! :hyper: It seems it won't take long before they become round Discus shape and gain some color. What a cute buggers. :wub:

Wow - this is amazing.

I have never seen pictures of developing Discus fry like this.

Very impressive. :good:

thanks for your kind words everyone
They are 14 days today, keep losing the odd one, can't work out why, water para's fine and doing 2 water changes a day with 80% r/o & 20% tap. they seem to lose their balance and swim lopsided have a couple doing it now.
i have about 25 left now but the rest seem ok but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for them, a few of them have just totally disapeared, suspect the parents are having the odd munch on their kids :devil: i will remove parents in another week unless more go missing.
can't find camera, daughter suspected for this crime but i'll post some more pics when i find it
Regards Angel

edit: just pulled mum out i caught her eating fry, waited to see if she spat it out but no it was lunch, hopefully stand a better chance now, dad was doing all the work anyway

I see you found the camera and the daughter

They are getting bigger I see. Now they become big enough to count. Still such a cute fishy.

I, too have good news today. I came home tonight from my local aquarium society meeting and found some itty bitty eggs on the small stone in my Gold Ram tank. And this is my first C*chlid spawn. I try not to be too excited since it is their first spawn and they are still 3~4 months old only. :hyper: And you never know whta they do with their first spawn according to what I read. I guess I'll wait and see how they do. :look:

Most reactions

Back